IGNORED

Did all games come glued sealed AND shrink wrapped

Buyatari

I'm curious how these games were sealed.

When it comes to factory sealed 5200 games did all games come glued sealed AND shrink wrapped? If you find one that is only glue sealed can you assume that the shrinkwrap has been removed?

I've seen them come directly out of the cases both ways. The bigger box first party stuff with the joystick holders included were always shrinkwrapped as far as I can tell. Similarly, the later release first party stuff was always shrinkwrapped by the factory. I would assume that the first release games that were glue sealed were not factory shrinkwrapped as I have seen several unopened cases of those opened for the first time and the games inside were not shrinkwrapped. I have never seen copies of the two Lucasfilm games in the white boxes with factory shrinkwrap. Part of the problem is that Atari essentially did a relaunch of the 5200 in the late 80s and continued to sell both consoles and new games directly to the public. I would assume that games that were originally just glue sealed could have been rewrapped to be consistent with the later releases.

Edited by bojay1997

If you have two glue sealed copies of the same title and one is shrink wrapped but the other not is it safe to say that the copy without shrink wrap had the shrink wrap removed?

Nope. Like I said, I have seen games with the glue seal come both ways fresh out of the case. It appears that at some point Atari added shrinkwrap to some glue sealed games likely as a result of requests from distributors or just so their stock was delivered in consistent packaging.