IGNORED

Classic Computers -- (Super Hi-Res Large Format)

Hi thought it would be nice if there was an easily accessed repository/catalog of classic computers on here, but with a twist, all photos should be of High Quality and in large format (minimum of 10 MP) that way people could see every detail and nuance.

When posting include the following details:

1) Brand

2) Model

If you have extra detail like year of introduction that would be nice too. So post your own or scour the Internet.

Multiple angles and multiple EV compensations are required. Can't see the surface texture - therefore nuances are lost. Focus is off, grain is too dominant, no depth. To properly do this I believe you'd want to post RAW DSLR files.

A 300K JPG suffers from too much compression. Ideally they should be 5MB size, with the RAW data being a minimum of 15MB for 12MP image.

Keep at it.. What camera/lens are you using?

Edited by Keatah

Multiple angles and multiple EV compensations are required. Can't see the surface texture - therefore nuances are lost. Focus is off, grain is too dominant, no depth. To properly do this I believe you'd want to post RAW DSLR files.

A 300K JPG suffers from too much compression. Ideally they should be 5MB size, with the RAW data being a minimum of 15MB for 12MP image.

Keep at it.. What camera/lens are you using?

Actually I ripped those photos off the Internet, although I did do a little editing on the first one.

I might unplug my TI and take a shot or two with my camera, but I doubt they will be worthy to exhibit.

I would really like to see some good shots of other computers, some of those older machines are works of art.

There aren't many (if any) photos that would meet my criteria on the internet. It would be up to us, the community, to make it so.

Begin with a 16MP DSLR and fast lens and filled-in studio lighting.

The only way to get the texture is at an angle (whatever it may be) and through several shots.

Plan view, isometric view. Sides, top, bottom. All of it.

There aren't many (if any) photos that would meet my criteria on the internet. It would be up to us, the community, to make it so.

Begin with a 16MP DSLR and fast lens and filled-in studio lighting.

The only way to get the texture is at an angle (whatever it may be) and through several shots.

Plan view, isometric view. Sides, top, bottom. All of it.

Well I took a photo, but every time I tried to upload it I got these errors.

So the heck with it.

WHAT THE HELL IS AN ERROR 500?

post-35324-0-41734500-1407387013_thumb.jpg

Well I took a photo, but every time I tried to upload it I got these errors.

So the heck with it.

WHAT THE HELL IS AN ERROR 500?

Perhaps it's because the files totaled more than 25mb? Try uploading one photo and see if it still gives you the same error.

I have good photography equipment, so you can all just send your computers over to me and I'll take pictures of them, and then totally give them back right away ;)

Okay Keatah, this one will be up to you. I was finally able to work my way around the "Error 500", but as you can see, my camera and lighting is simply not up to the task. :(

Besides, mine has too many light scratches from daily use. A NIB model would be better...

gallery_35324_1027_2942499.jpg

(Click on image for full-sized view)

• Like 1

It's a huge improvement over the first pic posted. I think a little practice at getting the angles right for revealing the surface texture is all that's needed. It's way too difficult to do with one photo. One photo will emphasize something at the cost of something else. And macro mode would be needed for textures. So several shots are needed anyways.

I don't have any classic systems to go photographing. My NIB MIB CIB Apple stuff is staying that way. My daily driver Apple stuff wouldn't fit the criteria of 100% pristine. This would be a community effort.