IGNORED

What I'd like to see...

An interactive (text) chat program written for and ported to all the major Classic Computer's like the TI, Commodore, TRS-80, Atari, etc. It would work like IRC, but access would REQUIRE a classic computer to access the server/network/group.

It would give our old classic computers something to do and be a great way to meet people that are a just little bit deeper into the hobby than the average person.

While it would be nice, I personally have no clue how to get all the coders interested, get them to settle on a specific format, or even find someone willing to host such a service.

That's what sucks about having ideas... and no way to bring them to fruition.

I only have a wireless internet and I can't imagine how it will work with classic computers since they don't have ethernet or wireless output.

With classic modems, it would take forever for chatting. Also we need special programs designed to detect classic computers.

Few people/hackers would make programs who it would detect like classic computers on 21st century computers.

I only have a wireless internet and I can't imagine how it will work with classic computers since they don't have ethernet or wireless output.

With classic modems, it would take forever for chatting. Also we need special programs designed to detect classic computers.

Few people/hackers would make programs who it would detect like classic computers on 21st century computers.

Actually, it's easier than you think to get a classic computer on the Internet. Just plug <<one of these>> into the RS-232 port. And in your case you would also need <<one of these>> for the WiFi aspect.

The average person does not type faster than 300 baud, but even the slowest old Classic Computer can hold it's own at 2400 - 4800, so for a chat group, no problem.

• Like 1