IGNORED

Action! Toolkit and Action! Reference Guide Manuals

AtariGeezer

Well, I don't really use it much but I did have winzip on my system, and that allowed me to enter the password, but the built in unzip capabilities of Windows 8.1 did not ask for the password. Not sure the password is all that necessary for this download, but the hard work is appreciated just the same.

Bob

Ups, didn't except that people rely on the extractor in Win. Always utilize a good arc/unarcer.

It works perfectly well and is baked right into the OS. There's no reason not to use it unless you deal with something other than zip files. There are several good free programs, so it's not a major issue, but I don't think it would be that unexpected since for the vast majority of use cases there's never an issue.

It works perfectly well and is baked right into the OS. There's no reason not to use it unless you deal with something other than zip files. There are several good free programs, so it's not a major issue, but I don't think it would be that unexpected since for the vast majority of use cases there's never an issue.

I see, my fault - but there are other archive formats I use very often, e.g. tar and arc, and a real archiver allows to set the compression rate, etc., so I never thought about the one "baked into the OS", sorry.

Hope you enjoy the manual.

I see, my fault - but there are other archive formats I use very often, e.g. tar and arc, and a real archiver allows to set the compression rate, etc., so I never thought about the one "baked into the OS", sorry.

Hope you enjoy the manual.

I do, thanks for doing it (and at a great file size too). To clarify, I wasn't being critical of the password zip decision, either, I was just explaining why some of us don't think to use another program unless it's not a zip file. I didn't even realize there was a limitation where it sometimes didn't pick up that there was a password on the archive.

Just as a test I used winzip to change the password of the original zip file and then I tried opening it with the Windows built in unzip and it did indeed prompt for the password and open the file, so it must have been what ever program was used to originally create the zip file did not create a zip file (with password) that was compatible with the Windows built in decoder . Not sure which is at fault, but when in doubt blame Microsoft.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...