IGNORED

Saying Farewell To The Jag After 20 Years...

JaguarGod

Hey everyone. Some of the older guys (though a lot of them are no longer on these boards) may remember me, but most will have no idea who I am as I never posted much here. I bought my first Jag in late '93 and I have played and bought just about every game and peripheral for the system since then. I have had a lot of fun doing it and meeting Jag players over the last 20 years. I have used the nickname "JaguarGod" since I started with the Jag. I've used it for just about everything. That's how proud of the name I am. Unfortunately, I am in the middle of a divorce with my soon to be ex-wife of whom I have been with for 20 years also and I have now become a single Father with three Kids. I also have a crapload of bills. After a lot of soul searching, I have decided that it's finally time to let the Jag stuff go. The Kids come first and the bills need to get paid. I have a lot more debt than I had previously thought, but that's a story that I can't even talk about. It's pretty bad.

I wish I had something more poetic to say, but the rollercoaster of emotions keeps me from thinking clearly enough. For everyone I have met and talked to over the past 20 years, I want to thank you for your conversations and meetings as they were always a fun time. I hope I can still be around a little, but I doubt it as time will be at a premium with three Kids. Starting over at 40 really sucks! But it'll be OK. My Kids have been my strength and make me better. Getting them to like a new Girlfriend is a different story though!

I will be putting my collection (which will take forever!) on ebay. Yes, BattleSphere's and Gorf's will be going too. Everything must go. There's a lot there, but just keep watch for it. Again, Thanks.

Oh Yeah, I'm going to keep the nickname!

• Like 5

Really sad to hear this and even more sad that it's all happened to you JG. Had some great times in the past and although I hate to see another legend of the scene leave, I completely understand and respect the volatility and surprises of life. I wish you the best in your new beginning, item sales and will miss seeing you around.

All the best, my friend :cool:

Damn. Sorry to hear about your situation JaguarGod. I hope that in time, everything regains its natural balance and you can (at the very least) treat yourself to a Jag w/CD and a copy of WTR.

All the very best to you re: sorting everything out. I hope to see you around these shores again sometime in the future.

Take care dude...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Here's to hoping, as NGN said, things eventually flatline and life begins to return to normal for you (or perhaps a new kind of "normal", seeing as some of the more permanent changes that are happening to you right now).

Just be sure selling the collection will net you enough to make a real difference. If it's a pittance compared to what's really needed, don't bother.

It may take another 10-years or more, but you could come to regret this decision to sell. You yourself said you weren't thinking clearly anyways.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

Man, that's horrible news. :(

I've been around since at least close to the beginnings of JSII and you've always been a fixture. If I may, I'd suggest just selling the big ticket items and hanging on to the basics. Dunno. Just a thought.

At any rate, I really hope everything works out for you. Selling stuff off doesn't mean you have to be a stranger, either. Family first, but make sure you at least stop in from time to time.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you go, JaguarGod, I liked your artwork on the fight for life betas at JS2, and the cool Jagpad with joystick, if I'm remembering correctly?, if not o well, I did enjoy reading your posts at JS2 and remember you as being one of the nicer members there, not feeding into the chaos. As far as money issues go, I made some bad mistakes with credit cards in the past and I still face financial counseling, monthly repayments and consolidations, and likely some form of bankruptcy for my poor financial management and living beyond my means in the past -never thought I would be like that, so i feel ya and know what your facing(not saying the situ is your fault either). Sorry about the divorce and financial/credit status woes. When some doors close, others open - cheers to a better future. :)

My advice, since I have sold what I did not need of the Jaguar, is to do this...

1) Keep the base unit, controllers, etc.

2) Keep your favorite five games.

3) Keep one Flash card or Skunkboard.

Sell the rest. Maybe keep a CD Unit, but not completely neccessary.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear, but hope it's a smooth transition.

For what it's worth, now's the time to sell Jaguar stuff, honestly... I really believe the "peak" is now, and you'll probably get a premium for basically everything you sell... so you have that going for you.

Sorry to hear this JG. I was in the market for buying up a complete collection last year and was lucky enough to find a kind seller in my own country. I paid big notes but that's the deal. I urge anyone with a little spare cash to PM JG if you're looking for a quick route to completion. It'll save a few years of eBay pain for JG. Also bottom line is kids first nothing else so good on you for considering them this way as heartbreaking as it is.

• Like 1

Guys, I sincerely want to thank all of you for the well wishes. It's been an emotional rollercoaster for the past 2 months and when you add three kids into the mix who have different emotions (anger, depression, etc) it makes for a household full of hurt. I have to suck it up and be here for the kids. I feel bad that after 16 years after quitting smoking I went back to it. If my Mother were still alive, she would kick my ass for it as we both quit smoking around the same time. She died of cancer in 2009 and I know she is looking down at me and wanting to slap me. Boy I miss her. Please understand that speaking with you guys is like therapy for me. I know you don't have anything to do with my situation and I don't want to burden any of you as you all have your own lives, but I have always confided in the Jag community over the years and have always been given good feedback and it always makes me feel better. I'll never leave the community as no matter how dysfunctional it may become at times, it's still a home for me.

I have decided to keep a Jag and JagCD along with my copies of World Tour Racing as I cannot get rid of them. I'll be buried with them! I'll always be "JaguarGod".

You guys are the best, and though you may not know a lot about me, I sincerely appreciate you. This reminds me that this community can still be the best of all and that sometimes the Jag can bring people together. Thank You, all of you.

Edited by JaguarGod
  • Like 6

Great.

In the past I took some people's systems on extended loan. Meaning I bought the stuff with the intention of possibly selling it back at a later time for the exact price. It worked pretty good. Some folks never claimed their systems and I still have them. But after all this time and it being apple II material I consider it my own now.

I no longer do this because of space and neatness and time constraints. But maybe someone else can?

• Like 2