IGNORED

Jaguar Multicart Kit on eBay?

SabertoothRetro

That was the old version with 16Mbit (instead of MByte) and the "wrong" Serial EEPROM, the new one http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-Jaguar-Multi-Cart-Kit-16-Megabyte-/171465392450?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item27ec224142

got sold out.

I wonder if anyone has had the time to "try" it and report what works, what doesn't.

I don't expect BSG to work, don't care either, but I'd like for the rest to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why bother with this since you have to burn eproms. If you are going to burn eproms, just take a production cart, remove the roms and solder sockets on it. Then burn 2 meg games to 27c160 eproms and 4 meg games to 27c800 eproms. Just pop the eproms in when you want to play that game.

Edited by rayik

Except that those multicart have 8 independent flash chips, so each game on the cart can (up to 8 - 2 Mbytes games) keep its own save.

I think until a JagEverdrive comes along, it seems (if they work) that they are a reasonabe solution, much better than swapping EPROMs and loosing saves.

You buy one and get 8 - 2Mbytes games .... what I do not know is that if save works. Not cheap at 100 US$, but not too bad if limited to the the expensive jag games. 100US$/8 (assuming it's a 2 Mbyte) = 12.5 US$.

I think it's pretty good, even at 4 MBytes, only 4 games are 25 US$ each, I think you can choose wisely and bet "ahead of the curve" ;-)

Kudos to whoever built it!

I played Wolf 3d last night on my multi and saved. lemme see if my save is still there. Nope didnt save (doesn't mean all games don't save). But you know what, that's super minor compared to the money im saving using this thing (we are talking THOUSANDS; over a thousand anyway..)... :) God for years ive been sick of super artificially overpriced / unobtainable Jaguar games (the ones released 1996 and later) and FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY we have a solution! What a bargain these things are..... Man, I love it. I have FOUR of them and plan to buy atleast 1 more! :) This could be a real game changer in the Jag scene and Jag game prices in general.

seller programs free for you. hardest part for you is deciding which games you want. :)

"**note** NO game images are included with this kit.

Everything assembled and tested, no soldering required."

Well, that doesn't sound at all dodgy, now does it?

Edited by CyranoJ

For obvious reasons that has to be said on feebay. Whats dodgy is the price of certain games for the last 15 years! That's whats dodgy! Was so sick and fed up with stupid prices of Jag games. This fixes that and then some. Way too much artificial shortages and artificially high prices.

Edited by JAGUAR
  • Like 1

Way too much artificial shortages and artificially high prices.

Only shortages are the homebrew releases, which are not artificial or high. If you are getting those then you are not helping the problem at all.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 1

Quality control of the multicarts does need to be worked on a bit. I have 2 multicarts that each have the same game on them. One of them its glitchy and game doesn't really work, crashes. the other the game works great and even the save function works, even after shutting off the system. I still say bang for buck these things are amazing and super cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Years back, I got a new boxed Jaguar and almost every game for my nephew, including games like Karts, Iron Soldier 2, and Rayman. After playing Pitfall a little, he put it into a closet and then said he gave it to his dad. He probably sold it or traded it. Lesson learned... give kids the common stuff and keep the rares because they're probably not going to appreciate it.

Edited by Justin222