Tempest

Games with Mockingboard Support

I figured out the issue with Broadsides!, now I can confirm that it's working and identified the workaround needed to get Broadsides! working with Mockingboard in AppleWin.

All that remains to be confirmed is G.I. Joe.

Mockingboard Software Audit 11-20-18.zip

Edited by Great Hierophant

You know what would be handy. If we could get what slot the boards expected in for the ones you can't choose. Used to be 4 usually from my recollection, but sometimes others.

A

If I recall even thats not guaranteed, I would've thought 5 was more likely, what else goes in there aside from a drive controller? Be interesting to try and come up with a consensus on which slot to put them in, and patch all that software :)

Could anyone help me to make U2 work? I use the emulator to load the program disk, but all I got is

3002-     A=00  X=FF  Y=00  P=37  S=F7

I've been trying out the titles that are supplied with Total Replay in my Platinum //e system that has a Mockingboard clone in slot 5.

So far, none of the titles I have tried have provided any Mockingboard sound. Even with the titles that ask for the installation slot. I'm not very happy. Perhaps my clone is not working properly.

I've added a feature request for Total Replay to configure/detect and then convert games to the correct slot.

https://github.com/a2-4am/4cade/issues/43

Edited by Roughana

Do they work from disk?  Can you use ADTPro to make a disk or two and see?