Tempest

Games with Mockingboard Support

9 hours ago, Great Hierophant said:

The word is sufficiently promising for me to take a chance on it.

I did find one game that does require an Enhanced IIe by accident.  AD&D Champions of Krynn will crash at the title screen if an unenhanced //e is used.  It does not say it requires an Enhanced //e on the box, but both 1.0 and 1.1 will play only on an Enhanced //e.

Really?  Now that's interesting.  I had that as a kid, but of course I had an enhanced iie.  I'll have to ask on the groups if someone knows why that is, I'm curious.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, Tempest said:

Really?  Now that's interesting.  I had that as a kid, but of course I had an enhanced iie.  I'll have to ask on the groups if someone knows why that is, I'm curious.

I found the Apple II Reference card for the game and it specifically states at the end "Note: This game requires that your computer have a 65C02 processor."  Of course it does not say so on the box itself, so I bet SSI or the stores had to process a few returns and deal with a few angry customers.

Champions of Krynn - Command Card.pdf

That is an excellent question, I see no reason for Champions of Krynn to require a 65C02 CPU.  The previous Gold Box games released for the Apple II, Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds, do not require one.  My suggestion is that whomever SSI got to do the port was working with a 65C02 compiler and the issue was not discovered until it was too late to add compatibility for 6502s.

• Like 1

Dan Henderson's game Oubliette 2021 released end of January 2021 is a full mockingboard puzzle game for enhanced 128kb systems... has 7 full soundtracks mockingboard soundtracks from the guy who did the Nox Archaist mockingboard engine, and a really cool double lores ending sequence for finishing up the game.... should check it out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9ww5m7ebtpkv8u/OUBLIETTE 2021.zip?dl=0

14 minutes ago, Tommyptr said:

Dan Henderson's game Oubliette 2021 released end of January 2021 is a full mockingboard puzzle game for enhanced 128kb systems... has 7 full soundtracks mockingboard soundtracks from the guy who did the Nox Archaist mockingboard engine, and a really cool double lores ending sequence for finishing up the game.... should check it out!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9ww5m7ebtpkv8u/OUBLIETTE 2021.zip?dl=0

Already added that one :)

On 8/13/2014 at 3:21 AM, Tempest said:

The following games are listed as Mockingboard compatible, but no one can get them to work:

Lancaster

The version on Total Replay 4 supports Mockingboard.

Please update the list to put this back in the main section.