IGNORED

Silent Hill

cimerians

Jesus......

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873305

Of all the lame news today I think I'm happy with just this.

I finished EVERY game in this series and even bought the crappy Vita game (which isn't very crappy).

Downloading the demo..........

Edit: Demo is creepy and twisted like Silent Hill games are, I recommend not watching the videos online and trying it on your own. This would be perfect if it comes out around Halloween. :P

In my opinion the series has been in a decline. The worst are probably homecoming or origins and my favs are still the original and part 2 so when I saw this it was just a shock.

Kojima, Del Toro and Reedus....are you kidding me? :)

Yeah the exclusive thing is annoying but I don't really care much. Eventually all these games make it to other platforms at some point.

• Like 1

Since I don't have a PS4, and don't see that happening on the horizon anytime soon, I watched some walkthrough videos. To my surprise I REALLY liked what I saw. This could be the shot in the arm the series needs and deserves. It reminded me a lot of Silent Hill 4: The Room and even Antichamber to a degree. I'm glad it's doing more of a psychological thing like the older games were. Even though Downpour and Shattered Memories weren't great I really liked the exploration parts, which I hope this will have. I also really hope there will be combat implemented in a way so that it's fairly uncommon you can be caught off guard, unlike the chase parts in Shattered Memories that took the tension away. I just don't want an Outlast/Amnesia clone with a Silent Hill "skin".

Edited by xenomorpher
  • Like 1

I'm glad it's doing more of a psychological thing like the older games were.

That was my first thought when I played the teaser last night. Mind games. The freaky thing was entering the same room over and over again felt like you will go crazy after a while.

I'm really excited about it. The "puzzles" in the demo are kind of hard. I'm stuck about halfway through the teaser at the moment and I'm not sure what to do but I know there's an answer. I'll give it another go later tonight maybe without headphones on this time :P

This cracked me up:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/13/kojima-discusses-collaboration-with-del-toro-for-silent-hills/?ncid=rss_truncated

"As for the final product, Kojima expects the game to give players quite a fright, noting that if players get too spooked, they'll likely just shut the game down. "That's why there's a limit on how scary you can make a game, but in this case we're ignoring that. If you don't want to keep playing through the game, so be it we don't care," he said. "That's the game we're aiming for. We're aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants."

Grabbed this on the night it was announced. I'm not good with horror games, so playing this at night, in the dark, with headphones on... well, I quit out twice in the first 30 minutes as I thought I would wake up the whole house with my girly screams. Not sure how I convinced myself to go back for more, maybe it was how great it looked and how sometimes you just have to fight on through something no matter how much discomfort it causes :0)

I manned up and went back in and took it slow. Was up until 4:30am after starting at around 8pm the previous day. I actually got very close to having the trailer play (rumbling controller) but obviously didn't know what to do next (as it's rather unintuitive) and gave up for the night as I didn't know what was happening or why.

Playing through that, searching over every nook and cranny, finding most of the pieces of the photo (not the one in the option screen of course, far too crazy that one, had to search online), thinking I'd completed it several times only to discover there was more. Then the next day seeing how close I'd got and trying to make it happen again (and failing/rage quitting after another 3 hours or so). Then waking up again today to find more concrete ways of doing what I'd somehow done without really knowing why and discovering my own trick for 100% forcing it and completing it again another 4 times over, well, just because...

All that... it has to be one of the highlights in gaming over the past few years. And it was free! And horrific! And all kinds of other stuff.

What an awesome experience, it was great to be a part of it!

• Like 2

I'm psyched. If the series can be rebooted successfully these guys will make it happen.

We don't know that it will be exclusive. There is some indication that it may not be: https://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fneofz.net%2Fwp%2Fp-t-silent-hills-non-sara-esclusiva-sony%2F%23more-531&edit-text=&act=url

It if turns out it is exclusive I will be taking a hard look at the PS4 earlier than I expected when considering this and Bloodborne.

There's very little chance or reason for Silent Hills to be exclusive, nobody wants that. FOX Engine is already there for all platforms so it just makes sense - and that end part looked glorious on screen. P.T. itself looked really nice, but I read they actually toned it down, roughed up the assets a bit, to try to make it not look too slick and more indie-like to keep the ruse alive longer - brilliant :0)

• 8 months later...

Thought I'd bump this because PT is apparently being pulled from the store this Wednesday by Konami, so redownload it if you need to while you can. From what I'm reading Guillermo del Toro won't be working on Silent Hills. I guess Kojima will be leaving Konami too. If it's really cancelled, it will be very upsetting. I hope whatever Silent Hill game comes out will return to the series' roots. Here's a link if you want to read more:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/26/guillermo-del-toro-touches-on-his-collaboration-with-kojima

Edited by xenomorpher
  • Like 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms

As if disbanding Team Silent after SH3 was'nt bad enough, we had to have games turned into SH games just for the branding (The Room and SM both started off as stand-alone games) and now the 1 PS4 game i really had high hopes for gets canned.

Konami just messed with my head far more with the real world handling of the franchise after SH3, than the games ever did.

Gutted....

What would very pretty cool is if Kojima reached out to Guillermo del Toro after all the BS has settled and worked together on a new IP so they have creative freedom. That would be the ultimate F- You to Konami. Regardless of what happens I'm sure Kojima won't have any problems finding work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Konami was able to pull off something.....you now can't download it even if you previously did. Since its a demo and no money is involved I think they can get away with this.

So its completely gone even for existing "owners", except of course for anyone who still has it sitting on their hard drive and in Konami's archives who knows where.

In other news Konami reveals a Metal Gear clothing line........

:lol:

• Like 1

I was at 25 percent of the DL when they pulled the PT Demo and I can't finish it no matter what I tried or who I called. :sad:

To be honest though I would have just sold it for $1k like the rest of the pimps on ebay are getting for it right now, bought

another PS4 and pocketed $500 bucks :lol:

• Like 1

Given that come the Silent Hill HD Collection, Konami had 'lost' the original source code etc.I very much doubt they'll look after source code for P.T any better.

I've heard of those PS4's selling for absurd prices just because they have the demo.on it and it just saddens me somewhat.

Bad enough such a promising title has been pulled (could of been the game i bought a PS4 for) and now people looking to profit from a bad situation, not good....

"We will pursue mobile games aggressively," said Konami's new CEO Hayakawa in an interview with Nikkei Trendy Net or so i'm led to believe...

Sad day indeed to hear this.

Man Konami during my MD/SNES/PS1/PS2 day's could do little to no wrong in my eyes and still had respect in the PSP era....

But 1st the abomination that was SH HD Collection on PS3/360, basically we'll happily throw any old shit out these days, dissapointing game after dissapointing game bearing the Silent Hill name (The Room, Homecoming, Downpour etc), turning SH into a light Gun Game, disbanding Team Silent, basically not giving a dusty F**k about key franchises, it's just been a descent into hell of it's own.

WTF happened to the giants like Sega/Konami/Capcom? seemed to have fallen so far, so fast....

• Like 1

Agree. Its a complete travesty whats going on in Japan with some of these companies.

They (Konami) tried to take down a youtube video criticizing them (crying copyright infringement) and thank god Youtube stepped in and said that it was a false accusation. As a result Konami has just made that video even more popular than it could have been.

http://kotaku.com/youtube-overrides-konamis-video-takedown-1704477268

Complete idiots are running that company. A company who's trying to cash in the mobile market and gambling in Japan which is technically "illegal". Complete insanity.

These two popcorn videos from Sterling sums it up nicely and how bad its become over the years, I've watched these a few times because its so amazing how screwed up Konami is and why anyone would want to work there....... enjoy:

Konami:

and how bad they treat video games:

• Like 1