IGNORED

Sabre Wulf

Asmusr

This is a reply to the new version of Sabre Wulf that has been included in JS99er since it would be out of context in the JS99er thread... it now comes closer to the Spectrum version, but the speeds are a bit off. I think the speed with the sword on is now a bit too slow... on the Spectrum it takes about 3 seconds to traverse a screen from left to right with the sword on, and 2 seconds with the sword off. The "fast" speed when you're blue (/ cyan) might actually be a bit slower on the Spectrum. However, if you take the red orchid, on the Spectrum you slow down to the "sword on" speed even though the sword is off. And generally, it seems like on the Spectrum you have more inertia... with the sword off it takes about a second from releasing a key until you're at a complete stop. And it becomes worse while being cyan... there it's often hard to properly hit the exit or an item you want to catch... like an amulet piece.

By the way, concerning items, I also noticed that the amulet parts, on the Spectrum, seem to only appear in certain rooms which are either dead-ends with an exit on the top or bottom. I downloaded a map where the corresponding rooms are numbered, which actually made it easier to understand the map because on that map, the rooms where an amulet piece is allowed are numbered in the optimum order to visit them, and finding the way from one to the next also guides you along a proper way through the map. That version of the map is here:

http://wos.meulie.net/pub/sinclair/games-maps/s/SabreWulf_6.jpg

By the way, I didn't "ask for" the features you changed, I only pointed out the differences to the Spectrum version.

There is one important benefit of the cartridge--some of the purchase price goes to Rasmus, letting him know that folks truly appreciate his works (and hopefully, acts a a minor additional incentive to make more of his wonderful TI programs). There is no difference between the disk and the cartridge versions of the other games though--though a cartridge also makes the games a bit more portable than the HxC would be (and they look nice too).

• Like 1

So the cartridge version of Sabre Wulf will be better than the floppy version, my question is are all of the Rasmus games cart versions better? I have all his games on my HxC but thinking of getting the 3in1 cart. Is it work picking up or are the games exactly the same?

The other games are exactly the same, but you get rid of the loading delays between levels in Titanium and Road Hunter with the cartridge.

There is one important benefit of the cartridge--some of the purchase price goes to Rasmus, letting him know that folks truly appreciate his works (and hopefully, acts a a minor additional incentive to make more of his wonderful TI programs). There is no difference between the disk and the cartridge versions of the other games though--though a cartridge also makes the games a bit more portable than the HxC would be (and they look nice too).

nice :) I didn't know if he got any $ from the carts :) I'll be picking one up soon :)

I get $10 for every cart sold, so I have earned around $300 so far. I think this has covered my expenses to get a PEB ;).

Well, I totally SUCK at Sabre Wulf, so I'm passing on that one... BUT... I'm waiting for Power Strike and have already set aside the money for it's eventual release on Cartridge. I can't imagine how you'll be able to stuff everything you'll need into that game without going the cartridge route. I think this game will be totally AWESOME if the demo is any indication. Once the 1.6 update is released for the F18A and this game goes with it, I think we're going to be a witness to something truly special, if not mind-blowing, on the TI.

If anyone would like to draw an animal sprite for inclusion in the cartridge version of Sabre Wulf, send me two animation frames as 2-color PNG files in up 32x32 pixels.

Example:

post-35226-0-33685100-1415745031.png

post-35226-0-46976300-1415745032.png

I reserve the right to reject any inadequate contributions. :P

Edit: It's probably best to keep the height <= 24 pixels.

I believe this will be the final cartridge version. Here are the changes compared to version 1.1:

• The man moves slower when the sword is drawn
  • After taking the red, blue or purple orchid, you cannot use your sword while the orchid lasts
  • After taking the blue or purple orchid you're immune to enemy collision
  • When taking the yellow orchid all enemies disappear
  • You have one more life after the counter reaches zero
  • Slightly slower appearance of enemies
  • Man is blinking when orchid condition runs out
  • Fire never appears until you have stayed on a screen for a while
  • Natives only appear around huts
  • Somewhat improved movement of wolf/Wulf
  • Amulet pieces can no longer be located in unreachable areas
  • Improved ending screen

SabreWulf-cart-1.2.zip

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is a brilliant achievement , so a big well done and a big thumbs up :-)

trying it now on an em , but i'll try it on my ti99 this weekend. really well done and i love the menu music.

so whats next?

where were you in 1984 when we needed the arcade games that just never appeared....

i always knew the Ti99 was capable of so much more.