IGNORED

Sabre Wulf

Asmusr

Seem to work well with Zero Zap, as well.

I find the Zero Zap gaming experience is enhanced by first breaking the cartridge into a million pieces, then smashing each one of those million pieces into another million pieces, then passing the fragments through the digestive system of a cat who has a bowel disorder.

Edited by am1933
  • Like 2

Games with that level of graphics simplicity put the TI on par with the VIC-20, however it's more justifiable on the VIC-20 with it's standard 3.5k RAM.

Even so, with more modern tools available, what has been done with both systems recently is pretty amazing.

• 2 months later...

Sorry everyone, just had to bring this thread back to life to let you know that for the first time ever "I FINISHED SABREWULF!!!!!!!!!".

Minor complaint however, a certain Danish coder stuck a screen at the end that told us that the adventures of Sabreman would continue in (spoiler alert) Underwurlde, now I don't want to put undue pressure on anyone----but, ;)

• Like 4

I find the Zero Zap gaming experiemce is enhanced by first breaking the cartridge into a million pieces, then smashing each one of those million pieces into another million pieces, then passing the fragments through the digestive system of a cat who has a bowel disorder.

:rolling:

Recently acquired a Strike Three! cartridge and lo and behold, realize I've got no more room in my cassette holder mounted to the wall for the game. Which cartridge to get rid of, hmmm… Oh, I know!

Zero Zap! ;) :lol:

• Like 1

Minor complaint however, a certain Danish coder stuck a screen at the end that told us that the adventures of Sabreman would continue in (spoiler alert) Underwurlde, now I don't want to put undue pressure on anyone----but, ;)

OK, I promised, here we go:

10 PRINT "WELCOME TO UNDERWURLDE."
20 INPUT "WOULD YOU LIKE TO ENTER THE UNDERWURLDE? " : A$
30 IF A$="YES" THEN PRINT "SORRY, YOU DIED." ELSE PRINT "OK, YOU SURVIVED."
  • Like 3

No offence Rasmus, but I have just tried this new game and it is a bit sh*t, there is a serious lack of sprites and gameplay, the title message is OK but even that could do with a nice coloured border ;)

• Like 2

Sorry everyone, just had to bring this thread back to life to let you know that for the first time ever "I FINISHED SABREWULF!!!!!!!!!".

Rofl.gif Right... no pressure, just right up on front street!

I love this place, you guy's crack me up! Thumbs-up_main-image.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just put away the old mails from last October (I get a mail each time someone quotes one of my forum postings here) where I found the stack bug in Sabre Wulf. I think there's one thing I forgot to mention... some time earlier, I also played Titanium, and that game also routinely started to show strange behavior after playing a few games. Could it be that Titanium suffers from the same stack overflow bug as Sabre Wulf did before it was fixed?

LOL!!!

I bet it would take 5 or 6 of us working around the clock, but I bet we could do it!!!

Honestly, TF almost makes it too easy to create games, and Willsy is constantly updating it with new features. The same goes with FbForth and Lee as both Forth versions constantly cross-pollinate. I have written my last XB program with Panzer Strike as there simply is no longer a reason to do so from every possible aspect. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am not really trying to bring this thread back to life, just giving you all a little info. Santa dropped by our place and left an Xbox one "for the children", it came with a compilation game called Rare Replay which includes such notable titles as Sabrewulf, JetPac, Knightlore etc. Upon testing these "for the children"-I came to the conclusion that the playability factor on Sabrewulf is a complete nightmare compared to the finished TI version.

So-in short, the TI version by Rasmus is actually miles better than an emulation of the original on state of the art hardware.

• Like 4

Honestly, TF almost makes it too easy to create games, and Willsy is constantly updating it with new features. The same goes with FbForth and Lee as both Forth versions constantly cross-pollinate. I have written my last XB program with Panzer Strike as there simply is no longer a reason to do so from every possible aspect. :)

Sadly I may never get a chance to play your new ones then. I don't have TurboForth, and I cannot keep up with all the changes over time that happen to fbForth. Since getting fbForth I'm partially aware of some updates, but have not had time to do anything about them, so I get further and further out-of-date. It looks like a fun game, sorry I'm going to miss out on this one.

Sadly I may never get a chance to play your new ones then. I don't have TurboForth, and I cannot keep up with all the changes over time that happen to fbForth. Since getting fbForth I'm partially aware of some updates, but have not had time to do anything about them, so I get further and further out-of-date. It looks like a fun game, sorry I'm going to miss out on this one.

There is always emulation :) But not to worry, I hope to have a cart of Jet Pac produced eventually :)

As for games programming, I'm going to take a sabbatical from that for the next few months since I've already written 2 of them this year. I want to concentrate more on robotics and interfacing which are my other passion :) I recently got my hands on a nice Heathkit Hero Jr robot from the 80's, and I'm looking forward to expanding its capabilities as soon as I get comfortable with the 6808 assembly language.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...