IGNORED

Sabre Wulf

Asmusr

The same answer goes for using any new hardware based program on v9t9 or pc99 as well

Greg

Yes but TI-99/SIM seems to be the only emulator capable of running on a Raspberry Pi.

Actually that's not true because I was running advmess on my Raspberry PI a few years ago and even though it's not as good as MESS today it might be able to run more programs than TI-99/SIM (but it would not have support for 512K carts).

Yes but TI-99/SIM seems to be the only emulator capable of running on a Raspberry Pi.

Actually that's not true because I was running advmess on my Raspberry PI a few years ago and even though it's not as good as MESS today it might be able to run more programs than TI-99/SIM (but it would not have support for 512K carts).

Agreed, so perhaps a "fix ti/sim" topic is in order? it has source code available

Greg

Recalling the thread http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232622-raspberry-pi-and-emulation/?p=3129498...

@retrofan11: Considering MESS or not, it's pretty simple to decide:

• If you're simply looking for an emulation running under Linux without wine, dosbox, or any other virtual environment, take MESS.
  • If you want to run an emulation on a Raspberry Pi, don't take MESS.

advmame/advmess is from 2005 or before, and I started working on MESS in 2007, so nothing of my work is included, and you may have a chance to pick a version where the floppy support is broken.

Agreed, so perhaps a "fix ti/sim" topic is in order? it has source code available

Greg

There should be new release of ti99sim "soon". I've cleaned up a few things (display glitches, possible crashes, etc) and re-written a bit more (disk I/O, filesystem support, and added read-only HxC disk image support).

One thing that I've fixed recently is support for 512K carts and video issues with bitmap mode. Once I've verified that it still builds and runs properly on the Raspberry Pi, I'll uploaded to the website.

If a "fix ti/sim" topic is created, I'll keep an eye on it. icon_smile.gif

• Like 1

A quick test of the bank switch testing suite looks promising: the candidate release version supported all of the files without any issues. I've also tested the tiworkshop and 8in1 cartridges and everything seems to be working.

The support for both styles is actually the same. The cartridge conversion program simply packs the ROM images in reverse order (a simple cheat, but it works). This seems to pass the bank switch test without any issues. Unless someone knows of a reason this won't work. I think the bank switch support is ready to go.

• Like 2