IGNORED

MyBIOS 4.9.B6 released, for MyIDE-][, altirra and stand-a-lone.

mr-atari

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7228#p7228

I use it for Altirra all the time :-)

Enjoy,

Sijmen.

" There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content. "

Can you upload the files to AtariAge or somewhere else that we can have a look at?

Madi

Edited by Madi
  • Like 1

You must register/sign-in at the Atarimax forum, then the files will be available for you to see and download.

I can understand this for beta versions, but if the firmware gets out of beta stage, it might be worth hosting it somewhere which doesn't require a forum registration. I'm not aware of any centralised location for downloading MYBIOS. When I recently asked for a (final, older) version in order to set up someone's A8, I was referred to a forum post, which - again - required one to be a member.

I can understand this for beta versions, but if the firmware gets out of beta stage, it might be worth hosting it somewhere which doesn't require a forum registration. I'm not aware of any centralised location for downloading MYBIOS. When I recently asked for a (final, older) version in order to set up someone's A8, I was referred to a forum post, which - again - required one to be a member.

That's the nature of the beast :), one has to make their own decisions about the worthiness of various options available to them.

Edited by atari8warez

Yeah, I forget not everybody is a member of ATARIMAX.

There are always pros and cons to a new BIOS. But I take the time and effort to get one

as close as compatible with 400/800 XL/XL and 1200XL.

With added support for MyIDE-][, when the cartridge is inserted.

ALTIRRA:

You need MyIDE-][.bin as firmware for your myide-2-device.

The R2.ROM is the firmware for your A8.

The rest are for customizing your MyIDE-][ cartridge.

WITHOUT THE MYIDE-][ ATTACHED:

You get a stock OS, No menu's but with enhanced 400/800-compatibility, HSIO, PBI and cassette-loaders.

:-)

New zip attached, I found some mistakes in the manual......

Edited by mr-atari
  • Like 3

And one more, what is what,,,,,

MyIDE-Software and MyIDE-Hardware is free of copyright-license fees when in domestic use, for private build-MyIDE-units or bought from ATARIMAX (the ONLY licensed source). Please report if you encounter pirate copies

MyBIOS is designed to be downwards compatible.

The MyBIOS is a completely rewritten Atari-OS that complies to all official released 400/800 XL/XE documentation. Except for relocate-able-drivers and cassette related routines (No room for it, sorry).

The new BIOS is coded to be seen as stock REV_02 (XL/XE) and also patched for OS_B (400/800) programs.

If you have a program that does not run on this BIOS, please zip and send me a copy for evaluation purpose.

What is MyIDE?

MyIDE-II is a interface to connect a CF-card (IDE-device) to the Atari parallel bus-system. Due to the parallel data-transfer it’s extremely fast, at least 10 times faster then standard SIO. In applications it can reach data-transfers up to 100 Kbytes/second or 200 sectors/second.

3rd Party software.

In the today’s world users upload there MyIDE-device with command-line driven “myidetool” and the windows-overlay “MyIDE Drive Manager LBA2”. These three fabulous 3rd party programs are downloaded together with this update. All 3rd party software is included.

FAT32 and ATARIMAX FAT32-loader.

The BIOS supports FAT32 entry in the MBR on your media for PC-usage.

On this FAT32-area you can copy .XEX .ROM and .ATR files, which you can load with the ATARIMAX FAT32-loader.

APT and SDX support.

The BIOS can create APT entry in the MBR, to support SDX IDE-driver called “MyIDE.SYS” or “MyIDE2.SYS” made by FJC.

You need to customize the SDX-rom to make it work with MyBIOS and/or APT

The SDX.ROM can simply be loaded with the ATARIMAX FAT32-loader.

Please consult the SDX homepage for manual and SDX-customizer.

MyDOS.

With this download you also find MyDOS. This is a popular DOS version used on the Atari platform.

Direct IDE-access.

Device D255: is the device to directly access any LBA-sector on the CF.

RAMDISK.

MyBIOS has a configurable D8: RAMDISK mapped to the internal SRAM.

The PERCOM-command will give the usable sectors, depending on loaded ROM/BIN-files. 4086 maximum due to atarimax/mybios-uasge.

• Like 2

ATARIMAX / MyIDE-forum is the place to get your downloads since day one.

You also find lots and lots of questions/answers to many MyIDE-related questions.

When people ask me for firmware I always point them out.

My computer is not a centralized place for updates.

I'm sure you all understand.

:D

I'm going to check-out the new altirra again.

"[HELP] is your key to activate the menus"

Is there maybe a compability Problem with the Ultimate? It s using the help key to enter menu also. (Just asking before in trouble again)

Greetings

Stefan

No. Ultimate is HELP + RESET

In MyBIOS pressing HELP while running something (a game, a tool, whatever program) the MyBios menu kicks in.

Very handy in case you need to swap partitions while you are up and running.

In MyBIOS pressing HELP while running something (a game, a tool, whatever program) the MyBios menu kicks in.

Very handy in case you need to swap partitions while you are up and running.

Um... I hope the question isn't objectionable, but what happens if the application already has functionality mapped to the Help key?

Um... I hope the question isn't objectionable, but what happens if the application already has functionality mapped to the Help key?

That indeed is a problem.

Some programs do have their own keyboard-IRQ-Table-thing (don't know how that is called officially). In Bobterm the mybios-key-combinations do not work.

And indeed, when a program uses the HELP key. Like Happy Master Quad... you can't get in the help screen.

Perhaps it could have made to SHIFT-HELP?

I wished IDE+ would get this feature (a config menu / mounting partitions feature) when the IRQ-button on the device is pressed. I am doing my business adminsitration on atari 8bit, but I swap disks all the time since SynCalc (the program I use) only allows D1: and D2: to be used, and single density disks. I have 3 data disks in use, so the mounting-on-the-fly is really needed here.

The only safe way to do it is with an external button, like SIDE's or the hitherto unused IDE+ button which triggers a PBI IRQ. Reset+key combinations work well, but are also subject to contention (although IDE+ and Ultimate seem not to step on one another's toes). Does the SpartaDOS X keyboard buffer also clobber Help key menu entry?

Edited by flashjazzcat

I had SHIFT+CONTROL+HELP in mind, but that code is not seen by POKEY....

There are 16 SHIFT+CONTROL-keys not seen in total.

I have send this info to ALTIRRA, together with the new CPLD-core that has MyVIDEO enabled.

Shall be included in the next test-version of 2.60 I assume.

In theory, the HELP key-usage is stored in the HLPFLG-register.

(I catch HELP in NMI or IRQ, with ever is first and handle accordingly.)

So HELP/ESC should invoke the HELP-fucntion of the software below.

Although I mask-off all traces when exiting the menu, that any key was pressed.

Anyhow, I had some feedback, some issues with $3x usage and CRITIC-flag, fixing that at the moment.

Anycase, I can drop back to SHIFT+CONTROL+TAB as used in MyBIOS 4.8

No idea anymore why I moved to HELP.

"my brain hurts"

"how to arrange beautiful subroutines in a BIOS"

"SIO, DIO, PIO, CIO, get in!"

:grin:

Afaik,

most Compyshop and K.Peters programs use Shift+Control+Tab to do a coldstart (e.g. Compyshop magazine, Sectorcopy 1.5, HSS-Copy, Speedy-setup, Hypradisk-Disk/Sector-Editor, Copy 2000 and several other programs)...

Any cons for SHIFT+CONTROL

-CAPS

-ENTER

-SPACE

-INVERSE

-BACKSPACE

The Last Word uses some of these with Shift+Control, but I have no idea whether any MyIDE users are running that software, so it may not be an issue for you. You will never find a combo which is entirely free of contention, though.

The Last Word uses some of these with Shift+Control, but I have no idea whether any MyIDE users are running that software, so it may not be an issue for you. You will never find a combo which is entirely free of contention, though.

Well, I'd like to... But I'm not able to configure both (hard n' soft) to get it running.

But it works perfect with sdx!

I'll probably get some lessons on the next classic-computing.

Stefan