IGNORED

Penguin Adventure Super Game

opcode

Guys, this is important. If you don't get the verification email, that probably means you are NOT in the list. Please check spam box, and if it isn't there either, please contact me. I will add you manually...

Thank you for the reminder. PM sent :)

Well, we have crossed the 100 pre-orders, so it is now a matter of finishing the game and the packaging, and we should be good to go.

BTW, I am changing the condition for the happy ending. So that everybody understands, Penguin Adventure offers two different endings. The condition for triggering the good ending was pretty unfair to say at least (not to mention totally nonsense), so I am changing it to something that makes more logical sense.

• Like 1

Well, we have crossed the 100 pre-orders, so it is now a matter of finishing the game and the packaging, and we should be good to go.

BTW, I am changing the condition for the happy ending. So that everybody understands, Penguin Adventure offers two different endings. The condition for triggering the good ending was pretty unfair to say at least (not to mention totally nonsense), so I am changing it to something that makes more logical sense.

+++ 100%

Wasn't this game reviewed as "what crazy strange things are happening here"?

I know you can review Antarctic Adventure as a strange game.

Anything to make it more logical I am for it!

Signed up as well, got a question for you though Eduardo, what about the mailing/reservation list DK Arcade? I reserved two copies of DKA with the original run of the SGM, are you still maintaining those reservations?

While I think its great that you announced a new game, I hope this doesn't mean DK Arcade is going to be delayed yet again. I know we're all waiting patiently, please don't make us wait too much longer.

Thanks man!

I just looked up how to get the good ending in the original Penguin Adventure to see if it was as ridiculous as you said. I was not disappointed.

From what I understand, it seems that the good ending only occurs if the number of times you paused while playing was a multiple of 4, plus 1. That is the most insane thing I have ever heard! It's so ridiculously cryptic that it feels like the designer was trolling the players. I think beating the game in under a certain amount of time would've sufficed.

Thank you so much for changing this. Whomever came up with that pausing nonsense should be severely punished.

I just looked up how to get the good ending in the original Penguin Adventure to see if it was as ridiculous as you said. I was not disappointed.

From what I understand, it seems that the good ending only occurs if the number of times you paused while playing was a multiple of 4, plus 1. That is the most insane thing I have ever heard! It's so ridiculously cryptic that it feels like the designer was trolling the players. I think beating the game in under a certain amount of time would've sufficed.

Thank you so much for changing this. Whomever came up with that pausing nonsense should be severely punished.

I surely agree... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

6 of the 16 memory banks have been ported. Others are mostly graphic data, so it should be faster now. Here is a video of the game sound player already ported and working. Just to put this in perspective, the player alone is the size of the whole Antarctic Adventure game, 16KB (Penguin Adventure is a full megabit, 128KB, game)... Releasing in January/February...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I may have to bypass my wife on this one and get it on the sly...you can't beat penguin games.

I fail to see her logic why I can't buy a $50 game when she spends $100 every few weeks for a haircut <grin>...

Penguin Adventure was completed today. Now adding the new stuff, exclusive to the CV version....

I may have to bypass my wife on this one and get it on the sly...you can't beat penguin games.

I fail to see her logic why I can't buy a $50 game when she spends $100 every few weeks for a haircut <grin>...

She said you can't buy a $50 game, but how about a $40 game? ;)

• Like 2

Get her nice and sauced-up so that she passes out. Once she is out, time for a BUZZ CUT!!! That should give you about 6 months of haircut relief. Don't worry about being in the dog house for a while, this will give you even more reason to ignore her and play video games.

Get her nice and sauced-up so that she passes out. Once she is out, time for a BUZZ CUT!!! That should give you about 6 months of haircut relief. Don't worry about being in the dog house for a while, this will give you even more reason to ignore her and play video games.

That's what I call a win-win proposition. :D

That's what I call a win-win proposition. :D

You guys are both (as the kids these days say) "cre-cre", and that buzz cut idea is an almost guarantee you'll get a "bobbitt" cut of your own, but it aint gonna be your hair...

You guys are both (as the kids these days say) "cre-cre", and that buzz cut idea is an almost guarantee you'll get a "bobbitt" cut of your own, but it aint gonna be your hair...

Ouch!!! Although as old as Joe is, it probably doesn't work anymore anyway so he's better off reaping the benfits of saving a lot of money on those haircuts and playing lots of video games. Edited by NIAD