IGNORED

Penguin Adventure Super Game

opcode

Now working on the Super Game Cartridge PCB, hope to have the first prototype before the end of the month. Also working on the new packaging template...

Great to see you posting updates man, and I hate to do it but any news on DK? Please? Even a rumor or two? Lie to me?

Haha, I think most of us in here, with wifes/girlfriends knows that :) "Its just trash, make a game for iphone instead. bla bla bla...." :)

Basically it's any game...she also thinks I should throw away everything I have which includes 644 game cartridges/CD/DVD/disks and all the consoles listed in my signature line below.

• Like 1

Great to see you posting updates man, and I hate to do it but any news on DK? Please? Even a rumor or two? Lie to me?

I heard a rumor about DK being released next year due to pressure from one of the Opcode team members...

• Like 3

Ok, one more update. Here is a short video of myself play testing Penguin Adventure on the ColecoVision. Recording is kind of bad, just wanted to show the game is running flawless. We will post a better video soon...

In the meantime you might want to check this quick gameplay of Penguin Adventure to get an idea of the full game.

The ColecoVision version has a few changes compared to the MSX version. Continue is now a default option, instead of requiring a password to activate. Easy level offers 5 lives instead of 3. And the ending selection criteria is new, as the original was always considered the low point of the game, and didn't make any sense...

Other than that the game offers 24 stages, with 9 different scenarios, dozens of enemies and items, hidden shortcuts and stores, power-ups, 2 different endings, bosses, bonus stages, a few mini games and more... The cartridge is 8 times the size of the original Antarctic Adventure!

Penguin Adventure is officially in beta...

• Like 10

Congrats on going beta! Is the final release going to use the MegaCart PCB to get it released as soon as possible or are you going to complete the Super Game Cartridge PCB first and then release it?

All new games are being created with the SGC in mind, so yes, it will release on the SGC... :)

Actually I am more concerned with the packaging, as we just started working on that...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys. I hope you had a great holiday. Opcode Games wishes you a very happy NEW YEAR with many games and lots of fun! AAAANND to celebrate the beginning of this awesome new year, I have the pleasure to announce that in a few hours you will be receiving a long awaited news in your email box. STAY TUNEEEEDD!!! ;)

• Like 3

Hi Grazi,

Wonderful news on these 3 new releases.

I wasn't totally clear though. Doing the preorders right now thru the email message from today....are those orders automatically for the special editions of the 3 games?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Grazi,

Wonderful news on these 3 new releases.

I wasn't totally clear though. Doing the preorders right now thru the email message from today....are those orders automatically for the special editions of the 3 games?

Thanks!

I would think they have to because in the customer service topic Edwardo says that they are not taking orders for the regular games yet and that shipping for them will not be free. So they have to be all the special additions.

• Like 1

While Grazi is busy creating pre-order list and sending confirmations, I will reply here.

Thank you so much for supporting us. The last few years weren’t the best, both personally and for Opcode. Last September I got married and Grazi decided she was going to help me getting Opcode back on business. For the past 3 months we worked very hard. We put production of the SGM 2nd run back on track, we now have proper customer care (thanks to Grazi), and I managed to work on two huge megaROM games and get one of them in beta. We have been working 10~12 hours a day for the past month.

Yet, nothing could prepare me for the overwhelming response we got from the pre-order today.

So I would like to thank you so much for supporting us, for believing and trusting us. I and Grazi pledge to do everything we can to not disappoint you, to deliver the highest quality games possible, to keep the promised dates, and to have good communication.

We still have a few surprises to announce soon, so please stay tuned. And with that said, I am going back to work...

• Like 2

Just wanted to let you guys know I made a news article about Penguin Adventures for the ColecoVision available on my site-

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2016/01/01/bandit-gaming-penguin-adventure-prepares-soft-launch-on-colecovision-thanks-to-homebrew-developers/

Wow, that is pretty cool! Thanks Carl, really appreciated. :)

• Like 1

Hi again. We are a little overwhelmed here with all the pre-orders, we weren't actually expecting such response, so thanks again.

Grazi is working on a nice spreadsheet with all the names and everybody should get a confirmation email tomorrow.

Thanks again and have a super nice New Year's Day. :D

• Like 1

Of the 3 titles being released by Opcode Games, I am looking forward to Penguin Adventure most of all! :) Probably because I played Antarctic Adventure much more than the other 2 titles and really enjoyed that a lot. DKA and Gradius will be awesome as well, but everyone has their own favorite that tops the other two.

Troy

• Like 3

^What Troy said.. I just pre-ordered the Special Edition - Penguin Adventure. I'm so excited for this title, I just had to have a sweet looking Ice Blue cartridge! :-D

I would have loved to get the SE of the other 2 games but I missed out on DK and I don't really have the extra money to pre-order Gradius at the moment, but that's okay.. I'll definitely pick up the other 2 games when they are released. :)

Thanks Ed and Grazi, this year will be a great one ColecoVision fans.. these new games look amazing. Happy New Year! :party:

• Like 2