Sign in to follow this  
danny_galaga

C64 power supply pinout. Which is correct?

3 hours ago, hueyjones70 said:

What would happen if someone tried to power an Atari XL with a C64 power supply.

You'd have a dead Atari.

Does one post something like that out of lazyness, being clueless or just for trolling purposes? Asking for a friend.

6 hours ago, carlsson said:

Asking for a friend.

You have friends?  I envy you.

That is what I would expect also. I sold an 800XL on eBay and the buyer messaged me that he couldn't get a stable video and then he said he was using a commodore power supply. I looked up the pinouts and I replied that he shouldn't use the commodore supply.

@hueyjones70 At the very least, "Commodore" and "Atari" are different computers made by different manufacturers.  That, alone, should say, "hey, you might want to Google this, first."  That guy who bought your 800XL was a jack ass.

Aha, with more context the question made more sense. Yes, too bad you didn't include a PSU with the computer you sold and even worse if the buyer took a chance plugging in just about anything they had around.

This thread sure took a nose dive when it was resurrected.

I don't believe in using C-128 PSUs these days - leave them for the C-128s out there - It's to easy to build your own for your C-64 if you can solder. You can find components at stores like JameCo  Electronics to roll your own.:

https://www.jameco.com/Jameco/content/resource-center.html?CID=GOAW&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrezgwqWg6gIVB4bICh0v_ADZEAAYASAAEgKl6_D_BwE