34 members have voted

1. 1. Select your favorite:

• Road Hunter
    • TI Scramble
    • Titanium
    • Flappy Bird (port)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 10 months later...

The decathlon part 1 is there already in this forum called Sports. 100m run. Good to see it on TI-99/4a as in the days my friends had the atari 2600. But i suggest to play it with a suzo the arcade joystick as it is robust. But i am not looking fwd to do the marathon or 1600m without getting RSI. Most popular games both Roadhunter and TI-Scramble. Was hoping that it would be easy to clone games from other consoles easy to the TI using the same processors or newer video chip (eg from MSX) or would it be easier to use mess with the roms of the real device?

Im pretty sure it is slated to be a two part game... A decathlon as part one, and then a heptathlon as part two.

IIRC, the heptathlon is to be non-traditional.

-Fishing

-Gardening

-Water skiing

-Ice fishing

-Frisbee golf

-Half pipe skateboarding

-Newspaper Delivery

• Like 2

So hard to choose... And choose only one is harder! Rasmus programs are so good.
But I must choose. I finaly opted for TI Scramble but I am realy sure that my favorite Rasmus Game will be one of the next ones; The quality and performance grow up at each new production. Rasmus, congratulations!

One of my dreams would be to see a real "Parsec II", keeping the soul of the orginal game: same game play, same design of the sprites, backgrounds, refueling tunnels, etc. but an improved version of them. To sum-up, make a re-mastered Parsec.
Why? Because Parsec was the state-of-art in TI-99/4A years 80 programming, It would be interesting to see what it is possible to do in 2015 with the genious of Rasmus's programming. Parsec was played with near every TI-99 users, a Parsec II would be still much appreciated by them.

• Like 4

One of my dreams would be to see a real "Parsec II"

OH HELL YEAH! I can imagine an improved remake of Parsec getting more than little attention... especially if we sprinkled 'a few links around the Internet'. :-D This would be the kind of information that many former users would be able to 'relate to' and IF they still had a TI in their closet, this would probably be enough for them to drag it out of mothballs. Once we hook 'em here at Atari Age, I bet the active user base would improve a little. :)

I voted for Titanium, but only because it's my favorite of the 4 options provided.

Most notably missing from the list for me are Jet Set Willy. Although I never played the original, I found it to be quite fun (then again I have a long held preference for platformers over other genres), and as other's have mentioned, Sabre Wulf is quite brilliant (even though it is another where I have never seen the original game)

and if making requests is not overly bold or rude...

Rasmus (if you are reading this thread), although I'm sure anything you might be kind eneough to offer us will be outstanding, there are two Atari 8 bit exclusive titles (at least I don't think they were ever released on another system) that I would LOVE to see (read: happilly pay for) ported the 4A...

They are: Captain Beeble, and Caverns of Mars.

Anyway just throwing it out there.

One of my dreams would be to see a real "Parsec II", keeping the soul of the orginal game: same game play, same design of the sprites, backgrounds, refueling tunnels, etc. but an improved version of them. To sum-up, make a re-mastered Parsec.

So which part would you actually improve? ;)

So which part would you actually improve? ;)

If it were me, I'd speed up the action. Parsec was nice but very slow. I'd rather see something more along the lines of Gradius - fast bullets instead of lasers, enemy waves, maybe some dynamic backgrounds, bosses. Of course at that point it doesn't need to be called Parsec, since it's "Generic Space Shooter". ;)

• Like 1

@Rasmus:

Above all, I thank you for showing interest in my message.
if one day you produce such a project, I'll die of happiness :-)

Here are the dreams I make (not exhaustive, these are the things that come to mind first):

- Less repetitive terrain, more realistic
- Stars and planets scrolling on the background like your fantastic LightYear demo
- Smoother scrollings
- Plain sprites (not Wire-frame models like current Parsec)
- Better laser shape
- Ambiant Music

But:
- Keep all the Parsec endemic voices
- Keep the shapes of the objets (juste make them more detailed)
- Keep the assault waves (Urbites, Dramites, Bynites, aliens and the asteroid belt ) but add some other (if possible) could be interesting to surprise people who used to play Parsec.
- Keep refueling sequence
- Keep all sounds but just revisit them.
- Keep colors of levels (yellow, green, red, ...)

Because the goal would not be to make a "Generic Space Shooter", not to make an ersatz of R.Type or Defender... but to make "Parsec" keeping its soul, to see what might have been this Great game with a maximal exploitation of the power of the TI-99/4A.

EDIT: I know that it is a big project. If you decide to launch it. I will be happy to help you, modestly, for graphics/design for example.

Edited by fabrice montupet
  • Like 1