IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 26 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Dolphin

Vocelli

Scoring for Dolphin is as follows.

50-0 points for passing seahorses (50 points for jumping, 50 for swimming through without touching, 0 for bumping front)

100x (Squid level) points for Seagull (max out at 800)

1000x (Squid level) points for killing Squid (max out at 8,000)

100 points catching a good (green) forward advancing wave.

100 points for the Squid catching a (red) slowing wave.

Bonus Dolphins every 20k.

You jump/swim through 13 seahorse gates before the seagull comes. You can average about 10k per Squid level when you max out, with the first 8 levels giving about 5k on average. This means you will have to kill the squid about 35 times.

• Like 4

There is another variation which has been added on HighScore.com database, which is Lives Remaining at 290,000+ points.

How to submit it?

Real system users: when you pass 290,000 points (after killing the squid or losing a life), PLEASE: DON'T press Fire button (let your joystick INTACT), and then take a photo which shows clearly the score of 290,000+ points (top of the screen), and the number of lives remaining at the bottom.

Emulation users: at 290,000+ points, take a screenshot hitting F12 key.

Screenshot to illustrate the example: post-24681-0-04831600-1409191830_thumb.png

I would like to suggest the use of this variation, or "Best Score on the First Life", specially on Medal Brackets Contests, in order to become the contest more exciting and challenging.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

Well I know I had nowhere near 14 lives left when I ended. I'll ask my kids how many I had left, they're "Amazing!" at recalling such minutiae- not that it matters. I know I was down to my last life a few times & it got pretty tense, praying to reach the next 20K mark.

But nice job oyamafamily! & this has been one of the more interesting rounds I've taken part in.

• Like 2

Got a copy of the cart now, which means I get to play with RF interference, displayed proudly in the photo below -- ahh, joy. It's a 7800 piped through a computer, which is a space-saving measure that should serve as a warning to any Atarians who may be thinking about moving into a rented room with that special someone ("You have a lot of these Atari thingies. Do you really use all these?").

Anyway, yeah, beverage of the night was milk (I envy Gorfy's IPA in above post). Maybe I'll do better with Manhattans next time. Usually does the trick (sometimes quite the opposite).

post-40055-0-45434300-1409207846_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I've been jumping over the seahorses since I saw oyama's video & i think it gives me 150 pts if I don't bump them. 10 or more if I do. !

The manual states you get 10-50 pts for going thru (or over I assume as well) seahorses depending on your degree of accuracy. Or is that precision?