IGNORED

Philips CD-I Burning Disc images to CD?

max1227

Hi

I have tried many times to burn philips CD- I disc images to CD's with no luck at all.

1)Could anyone give a detailed guide on how to do this?

2)Which files need to be burnt to a CD for it to run?

3)Can you use CDRW or do they have to be CDR

4)What software is required?

Sorry for the long list of questions. Many people say that you can just use disc juggler to burn the bin and cue files to the cd which didn't work for me. I also tried extracting raw bin and iso files to burn them to a cd and this didn't work either.

If anyone has any knowledge on this subject I would be grateful if you could help me out.

Thank you

I was going to try some things, but I realized I have a Mac, not the standard "PC". But back when I had access to a PC probably XP OS I used Disc Juggler, had to play with the settings a bit, but I remember burning at the slowest settings (like 4x) really helped.

Some discs worked, some didn't. I haven't played with burning discs for the Jaguar in quite some time.

As with most other disc-based systems, burn the ISO or BIN/CUE image or whatever you have as an image file, not as one giant file plopped onto the root the disc, using ImgBurn. You probably want CD-R and not RW.

I am quite sure the PO really meant ".cdi" files, which is the format used for JagCD the most.

My experience has been that ImgBurn is not as compat with the format as they claim. I had to reburn half of what I found with DiscJuggler (inventor of the ".cdi" format) to have them work or I would face the "?" or random crashes.

On top of that not all CD-R brands are born equals and the JagCD has its favorites, moreover burn at low speed (albeit my burner can only do minimum of 8x).

I noticed that both DiscJuggler and ImgBurn can set the recording speed right for the first session only, then for some reason it all goes to sh.t and the rest are going to "max", at least with my setup, which in my case meant 12x or 16x depending on the region of the cd.

Anyway in conclusion find and use DiscJuggler 6 (I am running it on 64bit Win 8.1), and regarding the ".cdi" images available I found out that World Tour Racing requires Jagtopia to boot, the images I found floating around on my JagCD boot to Audio ... unfortunately doing that [Jagtopia] makes the reset key combo (# + *) break as the game cannot reboot .... oh well, I'll live until someone dumps a working image.

Hi

Thanks for all the help. Yeh sorry I posted this in the wrong section. I managed to get it to work apparently you have to burn the .cue files to a disc as this contain information that is later extracted from the .bin file?? Or something along those lines. I assume this is the same for the sega dreamcast and panasonic 3do as I watched a YouTube video and they were the same files.

Thanks anyway. If anyone needs a walk through id be happy to say how I did it using discjuggler..

• 5 years later...
On 8/24/2014 at 6:57 PM, max1227 said:

Hi

I have tried many times to burn philips CD- I disc images to CD's with no luck at all.

Hi, not sure whether you are still working on the project. I work at Envee Inflight Entertainment, our team has worked out the cd-i project(just with audio content).

we solve the problem with the combination of software and hardware. just for the audio content, record the audio->convert the audio into certain format(encoded in ADPCM)->then burn the disc (CDR is good).

if there's anything we can do, leave me a message.