IGNORED

obscure game manuals

hloberg

I have started filling up my CF7 card with, well, just about everything I have. But one of my pet peeves is having the software and no manual. of the 70+ games I have loaded on the card I am down to just a few I can't find a manual for and like the game. Most are little independent games that, probably, didn't have a manual t begin with. Before I make my own manual I was wondering if anyone happens to have a copy.

Here is the list:

Driving Demon

Tile Breaker (breakout clone)

War zone 2 (or whatever version)

Rotor Raider

Astro Fighter

Water Works

TI Scrabble (missing on CYC)

Q-Bert

I have looked in WHTECH, my CYC disk and the web.

I have started filling up my CF7 card with, well, just about everything I have. But one of my pet peeves is having the software and no manual. of the 70+ games I have loaded on the card I am down to just a few I can't find a manual for and like the game. Most are little independent games that, probably, didn't have a manual t begin with. Before I make my own manual I was wondering if anyone happens to have a copy.

Here is the list:

Driving Demon

Rotor Raider

Astro Fighter

Water Works

Q-Bert

If we find these I'll upload them to the Whtech manual section

Greg

Here is the list:

Driving Demon

Rotor Raider

Astro Fighter

Water Works

Q-Bert

I have the Q*Bert manual. When I get a chance, I will scan it and post it here.

• Like 1

I'm not sure there ever was a manual for TI Scrabble--especially if the one you're looking at is the code that was eventually supposed to be released as an official TI cartridge (PHM3212).

that's the one. plays a surprisingly good game. took me forever to figure out how to play it. guess gonna have to create my own manual then.

4a flyer manual.pdf

Don't know if there is a good manual for '4A Flyer' but it was easy enough to create a clean one from the notes that came with the disk.

If you have a clean PDF of '4A Flyer' post it here, otherwise, here is one I created.

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Don't know if there is a good manual for '4A Flyer' but it was easy enough to create a clean one from the notes that came with the disk.

If you have a clean PDF of '4A Flyer' post it here, otherwise, here is one I created.

I have one. Can scan it this afternoon evening (did not notice that it is already almost 6pm.)

Edited by OLD CS1

I have one. Can scan it this afternoon evening (did not notice that it is already almost 6pm.)

Actually, a good scan of the front cover might be enough as I was able to get the documentation, that is, if the book isn't too different from what I created.

what I do still need is:

program copy of Comprodine's Backstein, warzone I & II and any others that someone has.

also docs for Titanium, Astro Fighter, Water Works, Protector and Topper.

Also, if anyone has some other really obscure scanned manual and program I would like that too.

When I'm done I'll post the game manuals I have (that aren't from the CYC) in one big zip.

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread again as a result of resurrecting an old favorite again.

Have been playing Scrabble again recently (TI's is a terrific computer version - especially considering the limited resolution for a board game), but can't for the life of me figure out how to swap tiles. hloberg's terrific manual outlines how to do it with a real Scrabble set, but not in the software. I seem to remember there is a way to do it though (and I can't imagine the programmer's would have missed this inherent part of playing Scrabble.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

not sure if it is the same version, but maybe this here helps:

* THE GAME OF TI-SCRABBLE *

STEPS TO LOAD GAME
------------------
1> CHOOSE EDITOR/ASSEMBLER OPTION 5
2> LOAD "SCRA"

----------------------------------------

GAME OPTIONS
------------------
1 SCRAMBLES LETTERS IN CURRENT RACK
2 TO SEE SQUARE POINT VALUE
3 TO SEE LETTER VALUES
4 TO SEE LETTER DISTRIBUTION
5 TO PASS TURN
6 TO CHANGE LETTERS IN RACK (LOSE TURN)
7 PUT WORD HORIZONTALLY ON BOARD
8 TO CANCEL
9 PUT WORD VERTICALLY ON BOARD
0 TO ASSIGN BLANK A LETTER

SPELL OUT THE WORD YOU WISH TO USE, AND
PRESS ENTER. THEN MOVE THE WORD MARKER
(STARTS IN UPPER LEFT CORNER) TO THE
FIRST POSTION OF THE WORD. THEN EITHER
PRESS 7 OR 9 DEPENDING ON YOUR DESIRED
ACTION.

TEXAS PLAYER ASSIGNS A PLAYER POSITION
TO THE COMPUTER.

xXx

• Like 2

First set of instructions are perfect.

All the other commands listed also work, so definitely the same version. The manual in your second message is an outstanding facsimile of a TI manual, but missed all the number key commands. Thanks for filling them in.

• Like 1