IGNORED

Space Invaders and Pac-Man re-releases

opcode

Not too bad, about 35 copies each so far...

Not bad indeed, but I can't help but think that both these re-releases need a "killer" new feature to get people really interested. Improved sounds, persistent high score tables and new packaging are nice, but still, only hardcore CV collectors (like me) are going to purchase it with no questions asked. Others will wonder if it's worth buying the same games again with minor tweaks.

For instance, I know that implementing a two-player simultaneous mode in Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man would be a nightmare (just getting the original arcade games to run near-perfectly on the ColecoVision was hard enough) but imagine the response if you somehow managed to insert such a bold new feature in there. But I know you favor 100% arcade accuracy, so I guess that leaves Crazy Otto as a possible new feature.

But here's another idea: Include a Pac-Man Coleco tabletop simulator as a bonus game. Then you could implement the two-player simultaneous feature, since it was an actual feature of the original Pac-Man tabletop. See the picture attached below to get an idea of what this simulator would look like on the TV screen. :)

post-7743-0-89433600-1409019852_thumb.png

• Like 2

Will Majestic Twelve be included with the new SIC? That would be pretty awesome! :)

Troy

I guess Majestic Twelve would require a game of its own, that game is way more advanced than the plain vanilla SI.. ;)

Not bad indeed, but I can't help but think that both these re-releases need a "killer" new feature to get people really interested. Improved sounds, persistent high score tables and new packaging are nice, but still, only hardcore CV collectors (like me) are going to purchase it with no questions asked. Others will wonder if it's worth buying the same games again with minor tweaks.

For instance, I know that implementing a two-player simultaneous mode in Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man would be a nightmare (just getting the original arcade games to run near-perfectly on the ColecoVision was hard enough) but imagine the response if you somehow managed to insert such a bold new feature in there. But I know you favor 100% arcade accuracy, so I guess that leaves Crazy Otto as a possible new feature.

But here's another idea: Include a Pac-Man Coleco tabletop simulator as a bonus game. Then you could implement the two-player simultaneous feature, since it was an actual feature of the original Pac-Man tabletop. See the picture attached below to get an idea of what this simulator would look like on the TV screen. :)

Funny, I played Pac-Man Coleco tabletop back in the day and thought it was awesome... Childhood can indeed makes you see through truly rose-colored glasses... :)

I prefer to stay in the arcade realm and save the tabletops to something else. For SI, Lunar Rescue is an option, kind of SI spin-off. Crazy Otto would do the same for PM. Crazy Otto had an interesting evolution once GCC got a deal with Midway. It morphed into "Super Pac-Man", which was basically Ms Pac-Man but with Pac-Man as the playable character. That is an option too. Any other game would require way too much effort for what is basically a re-release, and the list of arcade games waiting to be ported is long, my lifespan is short...

You mean you would consider porting Super Pac-Man to the CV?

I am talking about GCC's Super Pac-Man (unreleased), not Namco's Super Pac-Man. The later is a totally different game running on totally different hardware...

Guys, this is important. If you don't get the verification email, that probably means you are NOT in the list. Please check spam box, and if it isn't there either, please contact me. I will add you manually...

Yep, we live in a world where people trust their spam filters a little too much... :ponder:

I am talking about GCC's Super Pac-Man (unreleased), not Namco's Super Pac-Man. The later is a totally different game running on totally different hardware...

There's not much info online about GCC's Super Pac-Man, but from what I could gather, it's the same as Ms. Pac-Man but with Pac-Man in it. Am I right?

EDIT: Here's a stoooopid question: Would it be possible to put the Space Invaders and Pac-Man Collection re-releases on the same Super Game Cartridge?

A coleco tabletop series sounds intriguing in itself. Sports, Aracade, etc.

Oh heck with it, I'm in. Bankrupt me already, why don't you? I'll be broke with a smile.

Edit: I subscribed, but after 10 minutes I haven't yet received a confirmation email, even after checking my spam folders. Hopefully it's on the way.

When I got my response it was not quick but I do not remember how long it took to get to me. It definitely was over a minute or two.

Of course the more people that own a Super Game Module the easier it is to get 100 interested buyers.

In the future consider a pack-in game or demo with great WOW factor that shows off the sound (a music player) or effect that can't be done with the regular 1K.

Packing it with a "killer app" game sounds the best, but may make the initial cost too high, that's why I suggest an inexpensive show-off kind of program.

Just a suggestion.

Plus if you want to expand your business, make a deal with those who seem to have lost interest in making the 7800 XM.

On second thought those are already prepaid.

Better for you to just make an Opcode version and I will buy that, at least then I would have one.

opcode, I never did get a confirmation email. I double-checked my spam folder again just now, and still nothing.

Name and email, please. ;)

Of course the more people that own a Super Game Module the easier it is to get 100 interested buyers.

In the future consider a pack-in game or demo with great WOW factor that shows off the sound (a music player) or effect that can't be done with the regular 1K.

Packing it with a "killer app" game sounds the best, but may make the initial cost too high, that's why I suggest an inexpensive show-off kind of program.

Just a suggestion.

Plus if you want to expand your business, make a deal with those who seem to have lost interest in making the 7800 XM.

On second thought those are already prepaid.

Better for you to just make an Opcode version and I will buy that, at least then I would have one.

I couldn't include a pack-in game due to my deal with Coleco, the SGM being a licensed product.

As for the 7800 XM, I thought it was already out ...

Edited by opcode

But here's another idea: Include a Pac-Man Coleco tabletop simulator as a bonus game. Then you could implement the two-player simultaneous feature, since it was an actual feature of the original Pac-Man tabletop. See the picture attached below to get an idea of what this simulator would look like on the TV screen.Still

Still waiting for someone to put all those table top games on a megacart :-o And create a few new ones as well lol. :grin:

Well, we are getting there. About 50 pre-orders each, but I haven't even advertised it to my awesome and loyal user base yet, so I believe both games should happen early next year.

Thanks everyone for pre-ordering...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, this is important. If you don't get the verification email, that probably means you are NOT in the list. Please check spam box, and if it isn't there either, please contact me. I will add you manually...

Do you mean the email with the subject: Space Invaders Arcade and Pac-Man Arcade re-release Pre-Order: Please Confirm Subscription?