IGNORED

Trackball speed

quylein

First off I like to say hi long time lurker first time posting.

So I decided to refurbished all my Ataries and intellivision. All worked except 7800 sound and 5200 sound... narrowed it down to the mylar sound caps but I'm leaning toward composite mods on them all.

I got my 5200 and trackball all set up to play some centipede. low and behold 14 years on the buttons worked with a bit of pressure but when I go horizontal the dude jumps quickly to the right and left there is no slow movement. Up and down worked perfectly fine. I opened it up and cleaned it fully. I looked at all the connections and even did a one over both optocouplers. I'm unsure as to what would cause this issue even after an all day Google search fest. I don't have any other controllers to see if it's my 5200 but I'm fairly sure it might have something to do with the horizontal opto-coupler. Is there a resistor, cap, or adjustment able to be made or is it an optocoupler desolate and replacement?

I'm going to put micro switches on the connections and arcade buttons. I have tested it with missle command as well.. does the same. Theft right movement is erratic. The troubleshooting said to replace ic A2 but I think I'll do get both optocouplers just 8 case. Thanks for the reply.