IGNORED

New game in development

jacobus

Works fine on my 48K 800, but does not work on my 400 with OS A (interestingly since it works with Altirra and OS A)

Did you change the other specs to match too? Altirra will let you change the OS firmware and keep the other specs to whatever they might be set to, like an 800XL with 1,088K RAM -- for instance.

Looks great so far ! .... Youve inspired me to have a go at writing stuff in Quick! now :) .... Got a copy, got the PDF manual, and the magazines (in German lol). Do you have any libraries / examples of code so I can get started ? Or know anywhere where I can download / print such examples ? thanks ....

• Like 1

Did you change the other specs to match too? Altirra will let you change the OS firmware and keep the other specs to whatever they might be set to, like an 800XL with 1,088K RAM -- for instance.

Yes, I set it to 800 with 48K and OS/A ... I'm going to have a closer look at my 400 - perhaps the issue is there.

Looks great so far ! .... Youve inspired me to have a go at writing stuff in Quick! now :) .... Got a copy, got the PDF manual, and the magazines (in German lol). Do you have any libraries / examples of code so I can get started ? Or know anywhere where I can download / print such examples ? thanks ....

Great news, I've been wishing for a dev community to work with!

My two most useful tools when developing in Quick are De Re Atari and Mapping the Atari - I code at a fairly low level (I don't take advantage of most of the built in routines and none of the external libraries)

I'll create a topic in the Development sub forum to continue the discussion.

• Like 1

OK, well Dungeon Hunt is ready for testing. Is there anyone who would like to sign up as a beta tester? The pay is pretty lousy - all I'm offering is a personalized boxed copy when it's complete. if you're interested, please let me know.

Also, I still think the sound effects could be better. If there is anyone who is reasonably skilled an squeezing quality sounds out of the machine and interested in joining the project, I'd really like to hear from you!

• Like 2

Well I have a lot of free time, but I don't own any Atari hardware anymore. I think you're going to want testers with real hardware, but if your after a tester using an emulator exclusively, I'm available. Gee, I guess you'd even be off the hook for the free boxed copy, unless I want to stick the cartridge in my toaster possibly.

Bob