IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

springning

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend:

- Colecovision flashback mainly Zaxxon, Oils Well and Miner 2049er.

- Destiny

- Dungeon Seige III

And the card game Munchkin :P

How are you doing on Oil's Well? One of my favorite games and I was good at it... at one time :) But in about 10min of trying it out on the FB, I totally suck as I can't make the turns and have to keep pulling my drill back and try a turn again. Barely completed Lvl 2 so far :woozy:

How are you doing on Oil's Well? One of my favorite games and I was good at it... at one time :) But in about 10min of trying it out on the FB, I totally suck as I can't make the turns and have to keep pulling my drill back and try a turn again. Barely completed Lvl 2 so far :woozy:

Its hard as hell that's why I'm playing it lol, it's way better on a real CV or computer but I found the controls to challenge me to beat it, its really a shame the flashback controller sticks are just too short. I think I made it to the 5th board with luck. I've always liked this game.

How is that? Do you think that is something my 9yo would enjoy? I've been curious about that game for a long time.

Yes definitely 9 years and up is fine, you may have to explain some things to him if he isn't familiar with traditional RPG's.

Sometimes there is some teen\adult oriented humor but very, very safe stuff like, "Yellow Kneepads of Attraction" (Players of the opposite sex must help you in combat). I recommend it though, my daughter likes it and she's not really into RPG based games or anything.

Its really funny and always a good time. It's not complicated especially if you learn by playing with someone. The rules look complicated but its not. Also, its not really a two player game either (its for 3 and up) but you can still play with two players if you house rule...like no backstabbing or hurting your opponent until everyone reaches level 4. Great game.

Here's a youtube overview that tells it like it is:

If you do buy it I recommend the Deluxe set. It's all we use. Someday I may buy the Conan set.. :P

• Like 1

Street Fighter X Tekken - Playstation 3

The longer I play this, the more I realize how much more I like it, over Street Fighter 4... Such an underrated fighter IMO... Main-ing Ken & Akuma, with a little bit of Abel thrown in from time to time.. I really should attempt to learn some of the Tekken Characters..

Team Fortress 2 (The Orange Box) - Xbox 360

Really enjoy a good long round of 2Fort.. Haven't played much of the other maps.. Pretty much always stuck with 2Fort..

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii

Started this one with my wife.. Doing some Couch co-op. Although for now we only have one Wii mote, so we're just trading back and forth, which is fine for now..

• 2 weeks later...

recently finished Freedom Planet

Takes the good elements of the classic 2D platformers, eg Sonic and SMB2 and improves them.

Voice acting is very good too. Wish video sequences were longer in the end, but they'd go out of budget with the voice actors.

overall one of the best platformers I played

Replaying it again with the second character for different story sequences.

Replaying Dust: an Elysian Tail on hard and on Ubuntu this time.

Still nice game but voice acting second time doesnt sound so good.

Also doing some training on fighters on Dreamcast (mainly SF2T:X).

I wonder why people complained about the DC pad. Compared to the Logitech Rumblepad F710, DC pad is so much faster and easier.

• Like 1

How is that? Do you think that is something my 9yo would enjoy? I've been curious about that game for a long time.

We play this from time to time. Even roped in my 17 year-old "all about sports" sister in law. She had a great time. It's a more the merrier kinda game. I don't much enjoy less than 4 but I'm sure some do.