IGNORED

Interesting and/or useful TI programs

Omega-TI

I was cleaning out my collection of stuff today, and came across this program called "Explorer". It looked too good and useful to just toss out, actually it looked good enough to share.

The included zip has the program in FIAD format with the the documentation in PDF format.

Oh, about the documentation, sorry, the quality looks to be 1970's Xerox quality, If any one has a better version of the documentation they could upload, I'm sure others would appreciate it as this looks to be a decent program.

SCREEN SHOT

gallery_35324_1027_84419.jpg

Explorer.zip

• Like 1

In some latest post about old video i linked a video on youtube about this program too ;)

Well I'll be, you did! I guess this program was just meant to be taken out and dusted off!

This looks to be a real nice video Ciro, I embedded it here, so others would not have to hunt for it.

I'll be watching it myself tonight after I get home from work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJ8_QcTnw8&feature=youtu.be

• Like 3

MG Explorer is one of the best! Had nothing really like it until emulators came along with their debuggers, like Classic99's.

I bought that when it first came out, and used it up until I packed my stuff up around 2006. I'm still trying to put it all back together again.

I think I just need to rent a 1 bedroom apartment for myself!

• Like 1

I have the original Explorer disk and manual. It's paperback-size, I'll dig it out to check how readable it is.

-Ed

Thanks. I looked high and low for a "one page at a time" type scan with no luck. That method ensures the user can easily print up a copy in multiple formats, either single sheet, double sided, or book form. Book form is my favorite because it's easier to handle, store and one gets the added bonus of four pages on one sheet of paper.

Copy-C was actually specifically developed in order to copy the various MG disks. Christopher Winter offered to give me a copy of the source code back in 1987, but I was not too fluent in Assembly at the time so I declined the offer. That, in retrospect, was a mistake.

I was cleaning out my collection of stuff today, and came across this program called "Explorer". It looked too good and useful to just toss out, actually it looked good enough to share.

The included zip has the program in FIAD format with the the documentation in PDF format.

Oh, about the documentation, sorry, the quality looks to be 1970's Xerox quality, If any one has a better version of the documentation they could upload, I'm sure others would appreciate it as this looks to be a decent program.

SCREEN SHOT

gallery_35324_1027_84419.jpg

where is the rest of it?

You can copy Explorer with Copy-C there was a how to text file I got with it.

I made 2 copies for my TI using that.

I was able to duplicate the disk using a track copier but what resulted was a protected disk. I should have said that I was unable to make an unprotected copy that could be put on my HRD.

I was able to duplicate the disk using a track copier but what resulted was a protected disk. I should have said that I was unable to make an unprotected copy that could be put on my HRD.

Curious, do you think you would be able to make a DISK IMAGE? That's is not something they ever expected or planned for back in the day, granted it is like a copy though, and the copy method may be too similar to normal methods. It would be interesting to see what DSK2PC and the HDX would do with the disk. It does work like a track copier though, so it "should" be portable to emulators and transferable over the Internet for people to put the 'protected image' on their systems.

Curious, do you think you would be able to make a DISK IMAGE? That's is not something they ever expected or planned for back in the day, granted it is like a copy though, and the copy method may be too similar to normal methods. It would be interesting to see what DSK2PC and the HDX would do with the disk. It does work like a track copier though, so it "should" be portable to emulators and transferable over the Internet for people to put the 'protected image' on their systems.

Your original post has the Explorer in standard EA5 format, which is what I wanted back in the day. Don't know anything about DSK2PC or HDX and so I have no idea how to help you on this.