IGNORED

New pacman for atari 2600

DINTAR816

Umm… yeah, those sounds are fantastic. Is this a late April Fools day joke or what? This just may be the definitive version of 2600 Pac-Man yet! :love:

Nukey's is awesome, but the difference between the vertical and horizontal travel kinda breaks it for me. This looks not to have that problem.

Oh and is it me or is Pac-Man grey for about half the video? :lol:

Thanks for the comments, maybe Friday I'll post the rom. :-D

Are those sounds really coming from a VCS? :-o

Yes, all the sounds come out of the VCS, the Atari2600 / VCS can make better sounds than it seems.

Umm… yeah, those sounds are fantastic. Is this a late April Fools day joke or what? This just may be the definitive version of 2600 Pac-Man yet! :love:

Nukey's is awesome, but the difference between the vertical and horizontal travel kinda breaks it for me. This looks not to have that problem.

Oh and is it me or is Pac-Man grey for about half the video? :lol:

Pacman looks gray sometimes it's for the video capture card that captures at 30 fps with an effect of blur between 2 frames, and when pacman is flickering at 30hz (when not present the item bonus).

This is awesome. Will this have cut scenes?

Can't wait to play it. Nice job!

If there is enough space in rom, I will make cut scenes. :)

• Like 1

Nice how the dots are different from the wall colours.

Not a 2600 expert here but I'd guess the ball is used for the vertical sections that don't have the gaps, PF is used for remainder which explains the gaps where they're on the same vertical co-ords as the dots.

Some wall sections seem darker, I would guess there is some flicker going on there? Capture devices and/or YT video can make this sort of stuff hard to work out.

Well today is Friday, I'm here to post the rom. :D
This rom is the same as the video only fix two things, one was a mistake in the sound of extra life and the other a small glitch in the lower right corner.
I have been asked by the size of the rom, as you can see is 4KB, still has no intermission, I'm making music for intermissions too.
In this version I will put everything that can be done, but later I will make a version of 8K to include all
title screen with the names of the ghosts, all intermissions, an inteligent flicker, messages of "game over" and "ready¡" etc.

Nice how the dots are different from the wall colours.

Not a 2600 expert here but I'd guess the ball is used for the vertical sections that don't have the gaps, PF is used for remainder which explains the gaps where they're on the same vertical co-ords as the dots.

Some wall sections seem darker, I would guess there is some flicker going on there? Capture devices and/or YT video can make this sort of stuff hard to work out.

The ball I use for "power pills". In the vertical sections that have no gap is the playfield that changes color in this line twice: begins with the blue color of the maze, then just before the first dot, turns yellow and then change to blue again after the last dot.

Here is the rom:

pacman2600_4k.bin

• Like 30