IGNORED

New pacman for atari 2600

DINTAR816

Hi all, I added the code for single, double and triple item bonus, it took about 16 bytes, I also saved other bytes more, now are about 37 bytes free, I might add a mesage of "game over", or perhaps another thing. :)

Also going to improve a bit the intermissions (at least the last, changing the color of blinky when he returns).

I'll post the rom next week. :-D

Now I will continue with the version of 8k. :)

• Like 12

Hi all, I added the code for single, double and triple item bonus, it took about 16 bytes, I also saved other bytes more, now are about 37 bytes free, I might add a mesage of "game over", or perhaps another thing. :)

Also going to improve a bit the intermissions (at least the last, changing the color of blinky when he returns).

Great, thanks for the update!

Triple item bonus? But you only get two fruit per stage...

"Item bonus" s/b "bonus item"?

(in reference to post #90)

Thanks for finding it was post #90. Most of what I post is invisible.

I an glad to see that suggestion made it in because it was odd that after you finished the Orange fruit board the next one looked identical.

This game is amazing!

Also amazing is the quality of new Pac games for the VCS over the years.

First in 82 we had the original Atari Pac Man and just thought that was the best they could do then Ms Pac was released and was so much better.

Then came Ebivision Pac Man then A Better PacMan hack then Nukey's Pac Man hacks then Debro Pac Man which I THOUGHT was the pinnacle and now THIS which in my opinion is more like the arcade than all of the rest. Bravo!

• Like 3

Or didn't have a two player or settings for kids?

I was thinking of the children's "Teddy Bear" myself. Atari eventually did away with two player games though. Ms Pac was only one player.

I remember the original bragging point was the multiple variations of game play. I probably only played about 8 of the 122 Space Invaders variants, and that was just to see what they were all about!

I always thought the color cycling was in the hardware. Was it something that coders had to use up space to add in?