IGNORED

New pacman for atari 2600

DINTAR816

Good to know. Is it humanly possible to mod the thing to replace the stock stick with a replacement joystick? :P

Also do any of the included games use diagonals? I'm mostly interested in Pacman so if I could cram one in a box with a dedicated 4-way, that would be great!

It should be easy to mod.

The stick actually feels great, in operation it's terrible.

Bosconian and Xevious use diagonals, all other 9 games are 4-way (I think, if New Rally-X is 4-way).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I have decided to post just to report that the version "v7" is almost ready, but for now there will be a test version in the PRGE. :grin:

As far as I'm concerned, this game has been in the RC phase at least since version 4. Glad to see you continuing to work on in. This will be an insta-buy when it's ready in the AA store.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just found this caricature (new profile picture) my mom had draw of me when I was 13, my like for pacman was clear even back then! I thought I'd share.

I actually made up my own board game as a kid based on Pacman, then forced my mom and dad to play it with me. I think my most devious space was titled "meet lady, go back," where Pacman got bumped back a dozen or so spaces because he happened to land on the same space as Ms Pacman. :P

I actually made up my own board game as a kid based on Pacman, then forced my mom and dad to play it with me. I think my most devious space was titled "meet lady, go back," where Pacman got bumped back a dozen or so spaces because he happened to land on the same space as Ms Pacman. :P

That's great! I like how we all had our own pacman toys and gadgets. I used to have a hugh PacMan beach towel. Full size, full color, everything. Of course I have no idea what happened to the thing.

Now, if hopefully we can get a v7 update for the public released soon? hint, hint, hint.

Remember the board games for Frogger, Galaxian and one or two others that came with some breakfast cereal back in the day? I ended up making several of my own video-game-based board games after playing with those. I think the one I was most proud of was Spy Hunter.

Remember the board games for Frogger, Galaxian and one or two others that came with some breakfast cereal back in the day? I ended up making several of my own video-game-based board games after playing with those. I think the one I was most proud of was Spy Hunter.

I actually made my own board game based on the 1984 Louisiana (New Orleans) World's Fair back then.

Speaking of Frogger board game.....I still have mine, along with the Pac-Man board game with all of those marbles! LOL

I actually made my own board game based on the 1984 Louisiana (New Orleans) World's Fair back then.

Speaking of Frogger board game.....I still have mine, along with the Pac-Man board game with all of those marbles! LOL

Fellow Louisianian here. I was too young (3 years old) to remember the '84 World's Fair in New Orleans...

My mom once had a bright red Mercury Zeffer with a World's Fair '84 commemorative license plate. She was really bummed they wouldn't let her keep the plate years later when she traded it in. The thing was an oil burner though so it had to go... :P

• Like 1

Fellow Louisianian here. I was too young (3 years old) to remember the '84 World's Fair in New Orleans...

My mom once had a bright red Mercury Zeffer with a World's Fair '84 commemorative license plate. She was really bummed they wouldn't let her keep the plate years later when she traded it in. The thing was an oil burner though so it had to go... :P

There's always '84 LWE license plates for sale on eBay!

There's always '84 LWE license plates for sale on eBay!

Well I'll be, you are absolutely right! I especially like the minty one with the "X" in the middle. Whomever owned that car probably never drove it much. :cool:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xlouisiana+world%27s+fair+license+plate.TRS0&_nkw=louisiana+world%27s+fair+license+plate&_sacat=0

Not her original though... :sad:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have decided to put the "v7 test" version with a difference, because in the test version in the PRGE there is an error when activating the "improvement" of the "flicker" (with the "color / b & w" switch) Sometimes objects disappear from the screen, although they show cut in this version. :(
For the moment it is only a test and sometimes it is better to leave it disabled.
There are also some graphic changes like in the text of "ready!" And a new score font (suggested by IEPOSTA). ;-)
And an improvement in sound priority (the "eat monster" sound has higher priority now than other sounds).
Well, I think that's it.
Sorry for the delay.

pacman2600_8k_v7_test.bin

• Like 15