IGNORED

New pacman for atari 2600

DINTAR816

Me too. The only way I'll be able to play it is to get the cart from AA. No Harmony cart here.

You are missing out on so much without the Harmony. I buy games because I want to support developers and Albert and because I love carts, but it is often a good thing to "try before I buy..." 8)

So, what is it that the 2 difficulty switches & the BW/Color switch actually do?

I was wondering about the B/C switch which was mentioned as having some effect on the flicker algorithm. Details would be great.

• Like 1

Just curious as I've been playing the last two 8k versions today... vertical travel munch sounds are still quicker than horizontal. Not sure if that's just the way it is at this point or not. Thought I remember talk about it being that way in the 4k version, but not the 8k. Hearing it in the latest 8k version and is a bit slower when traveling horizontally. As if the dots are further apart horizontally, but they're not.

I am pretty sure he is talking about the Minecraft world that the guy embedded a 2600 emulator in.

https://www.wired.com/2016/12/minecraft-atari-2600-emulator/

Okay so Atari got ported to Minecraft. LOL. I started reading the article and thought this sounded like a really neat idea, until I saw the following excerpt:

The emulator runs at a brisk speed of about 60 frames every… four hours. But that’s okay, because there’s no controller, so it’s not playable, either. It was only created to show that it could be done, not to any functional purpose. In other words: art.

:lolblue:

Okay so Atari got ported to Minecraft. LOL. I started reading the article and thought this sounded like a really neat idea, until I saw the following excerpt:

Blah Blah 60 frames per 4 hours blah blah

:lolblue:
Probably because of the wrong processor and a complete screwover of the playfield.

The emulator runs at a brisk speed of about 60 frames every… four hours. But that’s okay, because there’s no controller, so it’s not playable, either. It was only created to show that it could be done, not to any functional purpose. In other words: art.

It's not controllable, it's not playable, it runs too slow, it serves no functional purpose. Therefore it actually hasn't been done.

I fired up both the current 8k version and DINTAR's 4k in my Harmony cart last night. Both games produced a constantly rolling screen. I couldn't play either :(

Could it have something to do with my particular TV, or that my 2600Jr is composite modded? When I played Centipede on it, the title screen rolled as well, but the game itself was fine.

EDIT: I guess it was that particular TV. I tried another and both PAC Man games were fine.

Edited by zetastrike

I fired up both the current 8k version and DINTAR's 4k in my Harmony cart last night. Both games produced a constantly rolling screen. I couldn't play either :(

Could it have something to do with my particular TV, or that my 2600Jr is composite modded? When I played Centipede on it, the title screen rolled as well, but the game itself was fine.

EDIT: I guess it was that particular TV. I tried another and both PAC Man games were fine.

Last year I tried Elevators Amiss and it wouldn't work on my tv. I switched to a different tv and it worked fine. It's the only game this has ever happened with.

I was gonna say it was a PAL/NTSC thing, but I see you live in NY. :P

No, they crammed a PC version into 4k.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_4k

IMO a 4k Atari VCS/2600 bin would have been more impressive. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to share a little story from today.

I am hoping to start developing Atari 2600 games soon, so I recently got a Harmony cartridge, and today was the first day I tested it. I loaded your amazing Pac-Man ROM onto the cartridge, plugged it into the Atari, and tried out the games that come pre-installed to show them to my youngest brother and sister (they are 12 and 9). My sister saw my Ms Pac-Man cart laying out and wanted to play it, so instead I loaded up your amazing game and let them both play it. They played several rounds, and we never ended up playing Ms Pac-Man.

Just wanted to let you know that your game is being played and enjoyed by people of all ages. Thank you so much for all the work that went into this masterpiece!

• Like 7