IGNORED

New pacman for atari 2600

DINTAR816

• 3 weeks later...

Dintar, could you update the game video on this page with the very most recent 8k version, PLEASE? I often refer to this game as my number 1 favorite atari 2600 game OF ALL TIME, and I would love to have a video from you. On the video could you show at least the first intermission? This is of course only if you have the time to do this. No pressure, I just want to showcase this amazing game on forums etc.

The intermissions of this game are dope! :cool:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Responding to Pac-Manhaving an eye:

I can't say "NOOOOOOOO" loud enough.. The idea makes me cringe almost as much as when people call the monsters "ghosts."

Glad I read your post before responding as I was about to say the exact same thing.

Many will still argue even after showing them the bezel or pointing out the naked monster in the intermission.

• Like 1

This is all semantics, and not overly important, but here's my take:

The arcade pac-man they were called: monsters

The original Atari 2600 they were called: ghosts (from the manual).

It is up to Dintar what he wants to call them in his game. It will be part of his manual when it is finally released.

*you see me throwing money at the screen*.

Edit: In his first post, Dintar refers to them as: ghosts.

Edited by KAZ

It's an interesting question that I don't think has been discussed yet. i.e. "ghosts" vs. "Monsters" in the game "Pac-Man" (aka Puckman).

darryl1970 do you have an opinion on this?

Everyone feel free to chime in with their thoughts. Let's hash this out.

Edited by NE146

It's an interesting question that I don't think has been discussed yet. i.e. "ghosts" vs. "Monsters" in the game "Pac-Man" (aka Puckman).

darryl1970 do you have an opinion on this?

Everyone feel free to chime in with their thoughts. Let's hash this out.

Haha! You are too funny, trying to stir the pot. Why, yes I do. Flattering to have a celebrity care about what I think.

No matter what the original game designer called the creatures, the box in the center seems to be a closet that can hold an unlimited number of colored sheets (kind of like the closet version of the TARDIS). The box doesn't seem to be a cloning center where the ghosts of dead monsters enter cloned monster bodies. They just seem to be grabbing fresh sheets. I guess that means Pac-Man is a sheet eater.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeEa3gTsVDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeEa3gTsVDo

• Like 3