IGNORED

TV RCA Composite/SVideo-in to PC VGA-out Converter Adapter Box

dphirschler

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=321366580263&view=all&tid=1329009885011

Has anybody else tried this converter? I just bought one to use my non-F18A console with my flat LCD display. I have another similar converter in use in another room. I use it to put video to a flat LCD monitor so I can view my DVD player/recorder without having to turn on the projector every time. It works perfectly and I love it. The expectation is it will work the same with a TI computer. However, my non-F18A console is showing black/white video. I understand it has been modified slightly, so before I investigate further, I’d like to know if anybody else is having issues with one of these converters.

After doing some Google searching, I discovered this page which seems to describe exactly what I am facing http://www.pagetable.com/. Apparently, it has nothing to do with the video converter. It’s probably just pickier about the video signal than the TI color monitor was. So I have ordered replacement crystals. I’ll update this thread after I fix this. Has anybody else done the repair?

Darryl

I have one of those converters that I use for my Commodore's via the S-video output [vic-20, c64, plus/4, Amiga 500]. They work very well

for S-video, unfortunately the composite input to VGA is unuseable and gives a result like that pic on the other thread shows.

That is precisely the reason why I bought a F18A, as composite through anything other than a CRT is just

atrocious