IGNORED

Region Free Mod piece for N64 $13 shipped in US

Cassidy Nolen

I am pretty big on keeping things original. I also am astonished at the cost of the region free adapters for Nintendo 64.

I have designed a part that replaces the original N64 cartridge regional lock tray. Basically you could cut the tabs out of yours and hack it to bits, or put it aside and use this one and keep your original ready to reuse if you wanted to.

It simply replaces the original one. Printed in ABS plastic, fits right into the existing opening. 6 screws on the bottom of your N64, then 2 screws to hold down the part. Easy swap, 5 minutes or less. Works great and lets you play any Japanese game on a US system or the reverse. My understanding is that the PAL games have color data on them and while they will fit the opening they will not play properly. Caveat given!

PM me if you want one. I may be the only person that does but it is worth offering it to folks!

First picture compares the two, second one shows it installed (the first pic was my prototype and didn't have the groove for the top case. All subsequent ones will).

Cassidy

post-571-0-56004800-1409111107_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-17048300-1409111119_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just a bump, someone bought one this last week so I made two more, both are pink.

One is slightly curled on the bottom side (you won't ever notice it or see it as it would be on the inside of the N64) but I don't feel right selling it at full price. Perfect one is full price 13 shipped, the warped on the bottom one is 10 shipped. Again, this is the bottom part you only see when you are installing it. The surface you see inside of the cartridge port is perfect.

Cassidy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on another batch now. I have shipped all that have sold. It is amazing the resurgence of interest! Thank you for the support. If you would like one just let me know. I will have a few more black ones later this week.

Those of you that paid over the weekend, they are on their way! Thanks again.

Cassidy

• 1 year later...