IGNORED

missing files in Atari 3D demo source code

TXG/MNX

Hello,

I wanted to compile the Atari 3D demo but I miss the following files in my archive

#include "tri.h"
#include "triintern.h"

Does anyone has these missing files ?

I dont have them in my examples, so i expect, nobody has them. They are missing in teh 3d example.

But it should be possible to recreate them.

Put the prototypes for each "non-static" function from tri68.c in tri.h

Then you see, which data types are missing. They can be recreated if you check, which members of each data type is used in tri86.c. For the type of the member you should examine the context in wich the member is used.

The tri.s exports only 2 C functions:

/* functions sin() and cos() */
/* arg passed in units of PI/1024 - no range limits */
short sin(short a);
short cos(short a);

There is only the question, what should be in triintern.h Usually there are definitions which are not exported to the public but used in more than one file of a library.

Best regards

Michael

• Like 3

Atari changed the names... in my triangle demo arc (from the Jaguar Source Code Collection), the names are n3d.h and n3dintern.h. I don't know which is older, but you can PM for a copy of the arc, or you could just try to use the two files. Note that the names of structures in the files use N3D in front, like N3DOBJECT.

EDIT: The readmes give the date as April 25, 1995.

Edited by Chilly Willy

Hi,

Atari changed the names... in my triangle demo arc (from the Jaguar Source Code Collection), the names are n3d.h and n3dintern.h. I don't know which is older, but you can PM for a copy of the arc, or you could just try to use the two files. Note that the names of structures in the files use N3D in front, like N3DOBJECT.

This is a good hint. I found these include files also in my example. I agree with you to make a try with n3d.h and n3dintern.h instead of tri.h and triintern.h. A short look inside indicates, that there may be not much changes.

Best regards

Michael

Hmm. I did a search of my Extremist pack 4 disk and it came up with nothing. I'll try it again. Maybe instead of filename I can find it under word or phrase in search criteria.

Doing a 'word or phrase' search now in EP #4. Its not coming up with anything so far. However in watching the files it was going through I seen some mention of 'diablo'. It's probably some text editor from back in the day but I'll go back and look for it again sometime see what that is.

• 1 year later...

Can someone post the .cdi of extremist pack 4, or the file Jiffi can burn to a cd?

These were initially sold through JSII in an agreement between JaySmith and Curt.

My understanding was that after a while Curt was going to release these to the community or somesuch. But I don't know how accurate my memory is.

My own inaccurate memory recalls Curt being unaware that the _only_ way to get his goodies was to cough up for a shelf-friendly CD in a DVD box. Upon being informed of this, he promptly personally hosted every file he could lay his hands on from his vast backups.

Lol we all did pay for the extremist packs look on ebay they popup sometime

Lol indeed.

The people who sold those had absolutely zero claim over a single byte of the content and it seems 99% of those who bought them simply wanted yet another Jaguar box to put on a shelf. Any redistribution of the content today would neither be less or more legal than the original release itself.

It was a very long time ago when js2 sold warez behind closed doors but vilified anyone even uttering the word ROM on AtariAge. The fact that AA goes from strength to strength while js2, js3 and js4 are either dead or tumbleweed central says all that needs to be said on the matter.

Let us all remember those magical glory days of js2 and the wonderful people who made it the place it was...

jva1UFO.gif

• Like 3