IGNORED

Zarlor Mercenary level 1 competition

sirlynxalot

I love Zarlor Mercenary. I want to do a quick and easy score competition.

In Zarlor you spend your points as money to buy items - this could make for some interesting challenges in getting a high score at the end of the game, as you might need to make important decisions about what items you truly need, and which you might be able to get away with not purchasing.

...But I think I will save that lengthy competition over the entire game for another time. This time around, here are my competition rules:

1) Post your score at the end of the first level.
2) Photographic proof (screenshot from an emulator) is preferred, ideally showing you still in the first level (perhaps after the boss fight).
3) You may submit as many entries as you like up until the deadline for entries.
4) The deadline for entries is September 7th.

The first level takes only a few minutes to play, so bring on the entries :)

This contest is just for fun and because I wanted to do it, and is not part of the forum season point standings.

Edited by sirlynxalot

• 2 weeks later...

I love Zarlor Mercenary. I want to do a quick and easy score competition.

In Zarlor you spend your points as money to buy items - this could make for some interesting challenges in getting a high score at the end of the game, as you might need to make important decisions about what items you truly need, and which you might be able to get away with not purchasing.

...But I think I will save that lengthy competition over the entire game for another time. This time around, here are my competition rules:

1) Post your score at the end of the first level.

2) Photographic proof (screenshot from an emulator) is preferred, ideally showing you still in the first level (perhaps after the boss fight).

3) You may submit as many entries as you like up until the deadline for entries.

4) The deadline for entries is September 7th.

The first level takes only a few minutes to play, so bring on the entries :)

This contest is just for fun and because I wanted to do it, and is not part of the forum season point standings.

Dude, you win at UserNames here. I want to see a Photoshopped pic of Sir Mix-A-Lot with a Lynx as your Avatar though. :)

Good try and not a bad score at all! Let's have some more entries everyone!

Here's another tip:

Don't forget you can use the laser and your bullets/power shots simultaneously. You can use the laser to zap air targets while using your bullets/power shots on the ground targets. Or, use it all in conjunction to take down a bunch of air targets in the wave formations. I'm not the only one who loves this game and plays it a ton, right? Right?

Edited by sirlynxalot