IGNORED

Destiny, anyone?

WestofHouse

I usually enjoy PVP in shooters, even though I'm not very good. But I prefer a more level playing field. I think I'll wait until I get a respectable weapon or two before really getting into it. But some of the crucible bounties are quite doable even for a scrub such as me.

If you'd like a partner to get through some of these levels, send me a msg on Live! my gamer tag is Chazzy70. It would be fun. :)

If you'd like a partner to get through some of these levels, send me a msg on Live! my gamer tag is Chazzy70. It would be fun. :)

That would be fantastic. Thanks! I added you on Live. I usually play on evenings and weekend, Eastern time. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Oh, and FWC for the win!

• Like 1

I decided to play a round of Crucible last night just for giggles before logging off. I stink at PVP but still enjoy it a bit. One of the options on the map last night was Mayhem, which looked fun, so I chose that one.

I don't know what got into me but I was in a zone. I played better than I've played in any PVP match in any game. I was running around like a madman, killing everything in sight. At one point I had an 8-kill streak. My stats in the match:

Score: 29300 (highest score on either team)

Kills: 23 (next highest on either team was 18)

K/D Ratio: 2.09.

And I did that with a non-upgraded rare Steppe-AR3 auto rifle (166 attack). I did get one kill with my new Vestian Dynasty legendary sidearm just because I wanted to try it, and one kill with a heavy weapon.

Now I never want to play PVP again because I'll never top that.

That was...AWESOME.

awesome_zpsmjldhqpq.jpg

Edited by WestofHouse
  • Like 1

If there is anyone who has worse luck with engram drops than I do I would love to meet them. I'm level 40, have put it almost 20 hours, and have yet to even sniff an exotic weapon. Today I took on Oryx and beat the bastard all by myself with nothing but a hand cannon, grenades, one special, and two rockets (thanks to no heavy ammo available through most of the battle). I used a Three of Coins before the mission to increase my chances of getting an exotic drop.

Did I get one? No. But at least I got a nice legendary item as a consolation prize, right? No.

I've now used six Three of Coins and beat six ultras with absolutely bugger all to show for it.

1410977114-losing-at-your-favorite-game-

If there is anyone who has worse luck with engram drops than I do I would love to meet them. I'm level 40, have put it almost 20 hours, and have yet to even sniff an exotic weapon. Today I took on Oryx and beat the bastard all by myself with nothing but a hand cannon, grenades, one special, and two rockets (thanks to no heavy ammo available through most of the battle). I used a Three of Coins before the mission to increase my chances of getting an exotic drop.

Did I get one? No. But at least I got a nice legendary item as a consolation prize, right? No.

I've now used six Three of Coins and beat six ultras with absolutely bugger all to show for it.

Sounds like you are right where I was at post #244 in this very thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229204-destiny-anyone/page-10#entry3329243​

It is very frustrating. However, soon you will start getting good legendary stuff. Some from drops and some as Quest rewards. The best is when the blues decrypt to Legendary.

Hang in there!

I've started getting "rares" in the 290s and have the opposite trouble. What I want to keep and what I want to infuse into items I actually use. Also discovered today that you need an exotic shard to infuse an exotic item.

Anyone else on XBOX One playing Destiny?

The good news is I finally got my first exotic. The bad news is I completely missed the rewards at the end of the first Prison of Elders strike because I had no idea what to do, and by the time I dropped all the way down to the platform with the Queen's chests the mission timer expired. Grr.

The exotic I got is the Crest of Alpha Lupi chest piece. It doesn't have the stats I want but it will do until I luck into something better.

Ugh....if I hit 290 or so I think I'm going to stop just like many others (casuals) are doing.

http://www.destructoid.com/destiny-s-taken-king-expansion-alienates-casual-fans-more-than-year-one-did-314487.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brutal.

The difference with 2.0 is now there is a lot more content to do and longer to play before reaching the grinding point. In Destiny 1.0 it took me less than two weeks to complete all the story missions and reach the XP level cap of 20. I've played longer than that now and still haven't finished all the story missions, let alone the strikes that feature matchmaking.

Why Bungie refuses to implement some form of matchmaking for raids or more social interaction in the Tower continues to baffle me. On the other hand, from what I've read the raids require communication for success, and I've yet to find a single person using a mic in the strikes I've been on with random partners. But allowing some form of communication in the Tower would allow you to find others with mics.

Believe me, when it gets grindy I'll be gone. But even though I've hit the level 40 cap and am working on light level I'm still having fun. Fellow AAer Charlie from this thread has partnered up with me a few times, and that, more than anything, is what makes the game fun.

The difference with 2.0 is now there is a lot more content to do and longer to play before reaching the grinding point. In Destiny 1.0 it took me less than two weeks to complete all the story missions and reach the XP level cap of 20. I've played longer than that now and still haven't finished all the story missions, let alone the strikes that feature matchmaking.

Why Bungie refuses to implement some form of matchmaking for raids or more social interaction in the Tower continues to baffle me. On the other hand, from what I've read the raids require communication for success, and I've yet to find a single person using a mic in the strikes I've been on with random partners. But allowing some form of communication in the Tower would allow you to find others with mics.

Believe me, when it gets grindy I'll be gone. But even though I've hit the level 40 cap and am working on light level I'm still having fun. Fellow AAer Charlie from this thread has partnered up with me a few times, and that, more than anything, is what makes the game fun.

Definitely agree, I have about 3-4 people and they have friends that I play with and I've done every raid except the new one and its definitely fun but the grinding part I want no part of anymore. Guess I'll just play it until then and then if I get a chance to jump on at some point I will. After reading that article I was put off quite a bit. (like the part about the "attain 10 special resources" for the exotic sword). Ugh.....

Definitely agree, I have about 3-4 people and they have friends that I play with and I've done every raid except the new one and its definitely fun but the grinding part I want no part of anymore. Guess I'll just play it until then and then if I get a chance to jump on at some point I will. After reading that article I was put off quite a bit. (like the part about the "attain 10 special resources" for the exotic sword). Ugh.....

Are the sword and other like items necessary or just achievements that hardcore players can hang their hat on? If the latter it won't bother me to be without them.

Are the sword and other like items necessary or just achievements that hardcore players can hang their hat on? If the latter it won't bother me to be without them.

They are just exotic weapon bounties, which Destiny has always had. The Thorn bounty was extremely hard to complete in Destiny 1.0.

I'm up to 296 light and have some gear in the 300+ range.

I like all the extra and secret missions/quests that Bungie is introducing. Keeps the game fresh.

581 hours here....

-_-;;

I did complete Halo 1-4 and ODST, with about 3,500 multiplayer kills since Destiny came out. Also completed Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and every released episode of Life is Strange (excellent game and highly recommended). Also have done some light retro gaming here and there.

I've added about 5-6 games to the backlog.

Life is Strange looks cool, its on my wishlist.

Currently trying to get through the first Witcher game and a horror game called Until Dawn. So I haven't been on Destiny as much as I wanted to.

Probably should play Destiny NOW because when Fallout 4 comes out I wont be playing Destiny or anything else for a while. Granted I'm tempted to shelve that too for a bit since there's so many patches put out these days.

• Like 1

We should start an AtariAge Clan. The Retro Shootists. ;> I'm VGL_Lynx on PSN. Running on a PS3. I love the PVE stuff, and Mayhem has made me laugh harder than any multiplayer game ever. I ran into a room with my BladeDancer, and ran into 5 other Hunters doing the exact asme thing. Hysterical. I need a Raid Sherpa though.

The good news is I finally got my first exotic. The bad news is I completely missed the rewards at the end of the first Prison of Elders strike because I had no idea what to do, and by the time I dropped all the way down to the platform with the Queen's chests the mission timer expired. Grr.

The exotic I got is the Crest of Alpha Lupi chest piece. It doesn't have the stats I want but it will do until I luck into something better.

Hey. I got the same Y2 version chest, Crest of Alpha Lupi just yesterday. I still have the original version of this armour piece in the vault.

I am finding that doing the level 40 strike playlist for an hour here or there will gain you lots of good loot. I played yesterday and found a few 290+ rares and Legendaries. :thumbsup:

Probably should play Destiny NOW because when Fallout 4 comes out I wont be playing Destiny or anything else for a while. Granted I'm tempted to shelve that too for a bit since there's so many patches put out these days.

AGREED! I will be doing the EXACT same thing! Fallout 4 will run my life for quite a while!

• 2 weeks later...

I've hit a wall. I've been stuck in the 280s for a week. I'm not sure if it's because of my bad luck or if I'm just not doing the right things. I did get another exotic drop yesterday while doing the strike playlist, but it was the Crest of Alpha Lupi again. I've received 5 exotics total, and three of those have been that crest. The worst part is none of them had the stats I really want.

My weakest links are my primary weapon (283), my ghost (280), and my gauntlets (275). I'm just having a hard time finding anything better.

Despite that I'm still having fun with the game. I actually did pretty well in a free-for-all crucible match last night, finishing a close second. And there is still a lot of content I haven't been able to try yet.

I've hit a wall. I've been stuck in the 280s for a week. I'm not sure if it's because of my bad luck or if I'm just not doing the right things. I did get another exotic drop yesterday while doing the strike playlist, but it was the Crest of Alpha Lupi again. I've received 5 exotics total, and three of those have been that crest. The worst part is none of them had the stats I really want.

My weakest links are my primary weapon (283), my ghost (280), and my gauntlets (275). I'm just having a hard time finding anything better.

Despite that I'm still having fun with the game. I actually did pretty well in a free-for-all crucible match last night, finishing a close second. And there is still a lot of content I haven't been able to try yet.

We need to hang around the "Arena" on the Dreadnought. Help others play when they offer up the runes and you would be surprised how you will start picking up rares like crazy. I've found it common that 290+ rares drop there often. Great for infusion to any legendary gear you have. When you get back to the cryptarch, equip all your highest gear to have your light be as high as possible. You should have a good chance that the rares will decrypt around, hopefully better than your light level. You should also notice some rarest decrypting as legendary.

That is the Court of Oryx, right? I have several runes but haven't ventured back there yet.

Yes. I had a ball in the court this weekend... bunch of high level players doing the more advanced runes.

Also me and "Chester" did an Argonarch rune in the "Faunts" area. Very fun! (Spelling probably wrong on those things)

Check out the FULL FWC gear!! :)

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/xbox/chazzy70

You're killing me. That looks fantastic.

I didn't do too much over the weekend. Sunday I tried unsuccessfully to solo the quest of killing the three Taken champions on Earth. I got the ones in the Divide and Skywatch thanks to other guardians who were in the area who ganged up on them. I couldn't beat the one in the Rocket Yard, though. There were never any other guardians around when he spawned and I couldn't take him down alone.

After that I was somewhat discouraged so I put it down for the rest of the weekend. Before quitting I did luck into a rare mark that I used to infuse my FWC mark, bringing it up to 295. I'm still 288 overall, though. Sigh.