IGNORED

Destiny, anyone?

WestofHouse

Thanks to this past week's Iron Banner, I've gotten my max light level up to 308 or 309 now. Seems to be better drops in general for many people.

I've done several IB matches and haven't received squat. Are the drops random or do you have to win a certain number of matches?

I think I've reached peak Destiny. I still have fun when playing with a friend, but I think my solo days are almost done until more content is available. Doing yet another "Kill 50 [x]" bounty just doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

I've done several IB matches and haven't received squat. Are the drops random or do you have to win a certain number of matches?

I think I've reached peak Destiny. I still have fun when playing with a friend, but I think my solo days are almost done until more content is available. Doing yet another "Kill 50 [x]" bounty just doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

You get packages from Saladin at Lvl 3 and Lvl 5, which includes 310+ gear. The higher IB level you are, the better the random drops. I've received about 5 pieces of gear in this weeks IB that has been 300+.

The post-match drops themselves are random. I got four or five different Banner chest armors, and three gauntlets. Best chest armor was 307 and gauntlets were 297, I think. I didn't get any ghost shells as drops, nor any good weapons.

The rank 3 rewards package wasn't any good, but the rank 5 package had both a 310 ghost shell, and a 316 Banner shotgun.

I finally got to try the Kings Fall raid. It took two days to finish it with the group I was in. Fortunately the sherpas were relaxed and didn't go ballistic as I repeatedly fell to my death during the jumping portions. We made it to the daughters on our first run. The next day we finished off the daughters and Oryx. I've never seen so many wipes as we had in those two days.

It was arduous but very rewarding, both in loot and satisfaction. I ended up with a new primary (pulse), secondary (shotgun), boots, and mark, all over 300. With my best gear equipped I'm now 299. If I could just find another good piece, preferably a ghost, I could eclipse 300.

Congrats. It'll take you some time to advance...

A few friends helped me with the new challenge, which was the Warpriest section of the raid this week. Guaranteed 320 drop of something. Beating that section actually netted me some good stuff. A better version of the raid sniper, an improved raid machine gun, a 320 rocket launcher, and a 320 ghost shell too. Increased my light by one or two more, doing it on hard mode, BTW.

The sparrow racing they introduced today is a blast, and a great way to break up the growing monotony of the raids and patrols. The best part is I'm much better at racing than shooting, so unlike crucible PVP I can actually compete. I even finished fist in a couple of races.

I'm actually surprised at how good the racing is. If there were more unlocks and sparrows it could be a standalone game.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the Crimson Days events are garbage:

http://www.destructoid.com/don-t-even-bother-booting-up-destiny-for-the-crimson-days-event-340527.phtml

I haven't really played Destiny since Fallout 4 released, then it was on to Star Wars Battlefront. The single player campaign for The Taken King was fun, but got old after a while with all the farming for stuff. I don't have enough friends on at the same time to attempt the Crotus Daughters mission thing, and honestly, having done the other raids before, they seem to be more of a chore than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...