IGNORED

Game You Wished Was Jaglink Compatible?

SuperDork3000

phasezero .. one of the most promising jag developments ever

fast,good gameplay/controlls, good visuals, good design/artworks, good sound

plus jagling -> killer :-D :-D :mad: :-D :-D

and... little dreaming...

if they could make coop on black ice white noise, so that one is there and another somewhere else in the city and solving problems together...

they had the chance on that time to write videogamehistory... even more when they could make the voicemodem work for use on onlinegaming

i cant remember if there was something comparable at that time

Edited by Otto1980

Club Drive...

Imagine playing tag with your bestest friend, full-screen! :lol:

Super Breakout 2000 (the sequel to B2K) could have pitted 2 opponents on different screens. Layers upon layers of bricks, stretching to infinity until suddenly, the ball is seen in the far distance on the other monitor - heading straight toward your paddle. Lookout! :rolling:

• Like 3

I just wish more jaguar games were split screen multiplayer... would've been really cool to play 2p co-op or deathmatch in doom. as cool as jaglink is, the few times I did get a few consoles linked up it was almost more trouble than it was worth. I can only imagine the hassle in '94 when you got those big ass crt TV's to lug around :P

Thought of super burnout as soon as I read this.

Overall though I would say less two player games and more 4-8 player games that don't exist yet for the Jag, but I'm hoping will someday, such as Bomberman and Gauntlet.

8 Player Gauntlet hack of Tengen's superior Genesis version?

I deem it to be known as "Gauntlet Ocho".

As cool as it would be to link 4 or 8 Jaguars together so each player would have their own screen, that might be too taxing on the DSP to handle that and to emulate the arcade YM2151 or the Genesis' similar YM audio chip. It might be best just to stick with 2 Team Taps to accommodate the players.

• Like 1