IGNORED

7800 AA Reproductions

Rick Dangerous

Hey Folks,

There are a few games that I'm thinking of having AA do repro's of for me. They are rare 7800 games that I'd just like to have on cart and play on the original hardware. I don't mind if the label says "repro" but I'd like it to look pretty legit other than that. Does anyone have any experience having this done, and did it come out okay?

FYI I'm thinking of grabbing repros of Tank Command and Mean 18(love golf games!!). I'd do Double Dragon as well but it appears they don't have the ROM.

Any advice and info is much appreciated. Thanks! -R

The Tank Command desired repro I understanding wanting. Mean 18 too.

Double Dragon repro, I really don't undertsand. Right now on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Dragon-Atari-7800-1989-/261562280035?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3ce653a863

post-18-0-22312400-1409922501_thumb.png

$23.99 shipped. Double Dragon 'good' condition.

That's not a rarity either - quite common to catch that game in the $20-$40 range loose cart in good/very good condition.

Whoops, my bad: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=double+dragon+7800&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

...make that less than $20 is currently common for a loose cart.

Looks like completed/sold auctions for loose carts are as low as $15.50, several under $20, and even CIB that sold under $40 and another that went for under $30. Both have cartridges that look near mint and the rest in very good condition..

post-18-0-46939000-1409923579_thumb.pngpost-18-0-36765400-1409923470_thumb.png

All within the last 3 months. Heck, the under $30 CIB just sold on August 21. ;-)

There's no restriction on that, but rare games will have "REPRODUCTION CARTRIDGE" printed on the label.

Yeah I'm fine with that. Just would like to have the games to play them (mean 18, tank command) are impossible to find at a reasonable price.

Anyone have an AA repro? Would love to see how the lablels came out.

Edited by travistouchdown

Just as an FYI too, per the product description page:

"We can now produce single cartridges of any 32K (or smaller) Atari 7800 binary you send to us"

If that has/will change you're in luck. If not, both Tank Command and Mean 18 (especially) are well over 32K.

As far as experience, having an AA repro, Al has made a custom cart for me that was picture perfect, looking professional and plays beautifully. Label and cart are excellent. No problems, very satisfied. I have owned the cart for ~18 months.

Would love to see how the lablels came out.

The label for my cart has the look and feel/quality of a brand new [2600*] picture label cartridge.

*I used the tool here and provided the results to Al for the design.

• Like 2

Just as an FYI too, per the product description page:

"We can now produce single cartridges of any 32K (or smaller) Atari 7800 binary you send to us"

If that has/will change you're in luck. If not, both Tank Command and Mean 18 (especially) are well over 32K.

As far as experience, having an AA repro, Al has made a custom cart for me that was picture perfect, looking professional and plays beautifully. Label and cart are excellent. No problems, very satisfied. I have owned the cart for ~18 months.

The label for my cart has the look and feel/quality of a brand new [2600*] picture label cartridge.

*I used the tool here and provided the results to Al for the design.

Very Cool resources thanks for posting!!

Too bad about the Cart size... :"(

There's no restriction on that, but rare games will have "REPRODUCTION CARTRIDGE" printed on the label.

I personally have no issue with reproducing whatever game I just know there is grey area's that some pro outfits like AA don't venture into, not publicly at least.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Wait, I though Al/the AA store didn't do repros of commercial 7800 games?

If I want a Commando, and can supply a Pokey, can/will he make it?

I believe they will but list “repro” on it. If it’s possible to sacrifice a ball blazer for IKARI I’d love to

23 minutes ago, stdjxf15 said:

I believe they will but list “repro” on it. If it’s possible to sacrifice a ball blazer for IKARI I’d love to

You can sacrifice a Boringblazer and use its cart shell for most anything you'd like - but it's Commando and homebrews that people want its Pokey chip for. Ikari Warriors doesn't use Pokey.   :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Wait, I though Al/the AA store didn't do repros of commercial 7800 games?

If I want a Commando, and can supply a Pokey, can/will he make it?

That's not something I've ever done for the 7800 (or for other systems for the most part), not sure that's a path I want to go down.

..Al

42 minutes ago, Albert said:

That's not something I've ever done for the 7800 (or for other systems for the most part), not sure that's a path I want to go down.

..Al

I told them that 5+ years ago but I guess that wasn't good enough. Glad you chimed in. Straight from the horse's mouth and all that.