IGNORED

7800 AA Reproductions

Rick Dangerous

Well I wasn’t looking for IKARI Warriors 5+ years ago and just want to play it on my system without putting down 100 bones. I saw this on the sale add in the store and figured there was nothing wrong for the inquiry.

“If you order labels of rare Atari 7800 games, we will add the text "REPRODUCTION CARTRIDGE" in small type somewhere on the label. This is to help prevent people from reselling these cartridges on eBay (or elsewhere) as the "real thing" to unsuspecting bidders”

Seems pretty cut and dry for me.

2 hours ago, stdjxf15 said:

Well I wasn’t looking for IKARI Warriors 5+ years ago and just want to play it on my system without putting down 100 bones. I saw this on the sale add in the store and figured there was nothing wrong for the inquiry.

If you had read the posts above yours you would have noticed this was already discussed when this thread was originally started in 2014. Ikari Warriors goes for less than $100 more often than you might think. $100 is more for a CIB copy. Be patient and you will find a reasonable deal soon enough. $35 to a high of $60 should get you a nice loose copy even on ebay. If you read the ad you would see it mentions ordering reproduction LABELS and not the cartridges themselves specifically and does so very well, "cut and dry" as you put it. Looks like Albert has to spell it out even clearer to avoid confusion by folks like yourself. I hope you find a copy on the cheap sooner than later and really enjoy the game. If you end up paying a little more for it, I can attest to it being worth it. One of the better games from the retail released 7800 games.

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

If you had read the posts above yours you would have noticed this was already discussed when this thread was originally started in 2014. Ikari Warriors goes for less than $100 more often than you might think. $100 is more for a CIB copy. Be patient and you will find a reasonable deal soon enough. $35 to a high of $60 should get you a nice loose copy even on ebay. If you read the ad you would see it mentions ordering reproduction LABELS and not the cartridges themselves specifically and does so very well, "cut and dry" as you put it. Looks like Albert has to spell it out even clearer to avoid confusion by folks like yourself. I hope you find a copy on the cheap sooner than later and really enjoy the game. If you end up paying a little more for it, I can attest to it being worth it. One of the better games from the retail released 7800 games.

The past posts you were referring to talk about double dragon if that’s what you mean which isn’t a problem finding. When a listing states to provide a game binary and label art( with reproduction listed somewhere on the artwork for rare games) someone like myself does assume a game such as IKARI warriors would be an example of this.

If that purchase listing is only for creators making their own games then I guess I completely misread the sales listing.
Tried searching on the topic as to not trigger anyone. So much for good intentions.

5 hours ago, stdjxf15 said:

The past posts you were referring to talk about double dragon if that’s what you mean which isn’t a problem finding. When a listing states to provide a game binary and label art( with reproduction listed somewhere on the artwork for rare games) someone like myself does assume a game such as IKARI warriors would be an example of this.

If that purchase listing is only for creators making their own games then I guess I completely misread the sales listing.
Tried searching on the topic as to not trigger anyone. So much for good intentions.

Um - don't beat yourself up.  Sometimes there are rough landings in here.

I for one did not think the intentions of the "repro" cart were clear.  I'm glad this was clarified through this thread.  Thank you for asking, and thank you for finding a thread that already dealt with the topic.  You are a good AtariAge citizen ;).

On 2/6/2020 at 10:19 PM, Albert said:

You're right, I should update that text. 

I'm fine making games that were never released, such as IKARI Warriors. 

..Al

Albert, I'm a tiny bit confused.

Can you do a repro of Ikari Warriors?  I thought it was clear that you couldn't, up until this comment.  
Thanks!

*edit*
And I thought Ikari Warriors was a game that was released?  And exceeded 32K anyway?
Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Edited by ekthanatou

On 2/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, stdjxf15 said:

stdjxf15
You are completely justified in your confusion. In context, the quote certainly seems to be speaking of someone ordering a repro cartridge, and makes no sense otherwise.

Albert, thank you for clarifying. I'm new to this scene, obviously, but already I appreciate your hard work tremendously.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2014 at 9:15 AM, Trebor said:

The Tank Command desired repro I understanding wanting. Mean 18 too.

Double Dragon repro, I really don't undertsand. Right now on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Dragon-Atari-7800-1989-/261562280035?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3ce653a863

post-18-0-22312400-1409922501_thumb.png

$23.99 shipped. Double Dragon 'good' condition.

That's not a rarity either - quite common to catch that game in the $20-$40 range loose cart in good/very good condition.

Whoops, my bad: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=double+dragon+7800&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

...make that less than $20 is currently common for a loose cart.

Looks like completed/sold auctions for loose carts are as low as $15.50, several under $20, and even CIB that sold under $40 and another that went for under $30. Both have cartridges that look near mint and the rest in very good condition..

post-18-0-46939000-1409923579_thumb.pngpost-18-0-36765400-1409923470_thumb.png

All within the last 3 months. Heck, the under $30 CIB just sold on August 21. ;-)

Yeah that's the problem with FleaBay, if its old people think its worth millions, I don't like Fleabay for the reason that they allow scalping! When the new Nintendo game came out that had all the games on it they allowed people to run out and buy the unit at retail stores for retail price then sale it for astronomical price! some had several units that they bought and was resealing! That is scalping! This is not supply and demand! I saw several pics of the units taken in the store with the bag visible! Things on web sights such as Fleabay should have regulations! Just my 2 cents