IGNORED

RasterConverter - Windows Binaries?

barnsey123

Hi Guys,

is there a windows binary for RasterConverter anywhere or can someone offer me some tips on how to compile it on Win7?

I've downloaded the source but is there a recommended compiler?

Specifically, I'm looking to convert some PNG files and RC looks like the nuts.

Cheers

Is there anywhere on the internet that displays the pictures like the G2F website? It'd be nice to browse through them as a gallery instead of having to hunt through a forum to find them!

I have a page with my conversions (LINK) but AFAIK you can find the best images only in that thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/200118-images-generated-by-rastaconverter/?hl=%20rastaconverter%20%20images

Is there anywhere on the internet that displays the pictures like the G2F website? It'd be nice to browse through them as a gallery instead of having to hunt through a forum to find them!

This is an SDX 16MB atr with some of the RasterView images about 285 files driven with batch files for viewing files.

CD VIEW

DIR *.BAT

to run a batch file you need a minus sign in front of the filename

PRESS ENTER KEY TO ADVANCE TO NEXT Rasterview picture.

When batch file is complete do the next batch file (Total of 26 batch files for the alphabet A-Z)

Also included is a folder of RMT files with RMTplayer.

And also a folder of Pic files viewed with a modified basic file and COMPILED with ABC compiler. SDX driven file so type KOALA /AZ for the complete directory of pictures or KOALA /BD for just the file names from B through D (source file included)..

• Like 2

post-17869-0-01661400-1410057678_thumb.png

Downloaded the posted binary to my laptop running Xubunu 14.04 and wine seems to handle it well, in fact older Windows programs that are self contained i.e have required dlls with them seem to work well in general - I run Virtual Aquarius under Wine and it works better than on Windows 7

wine RastaConverter.exe 1965009_10152018434224007_130670511_n.jpg raster.png is the command I ran from the bash shell to test

Barnie

There's also this if you want a friendlier front end. Although I've had some issues with it resolving hard drive paths, so I just put any pics I want to convert into the same folder as the program:

http://www.nightfallcrew.com/15/07/2012/atari-8-bit-tools-rastaconverter-beta-4-gui-v0-0-1-3/

Bob

I've been watching the Rasta thread, and tried using it without success from the command line. Don't have much experience with that stuff, but had no trouble with an initial test using your front end. Thanks for posting it! Edited by JD6502

I've been watching the Rasta thread, and tried using it without success from the command line. Don't have much experience with that stuff, but had no trouble with an initial test using your front end. Thanks for posting it!

I'd love to take credit for the front end, but it's not mine, I just remembered finding it in another thread and passed on the link. Too bad he didn't add the ability to build the xex.

Bob

I'd love to take credit for the front end, but it's not mine, I just remembered finding it in another thread and passed on the link. Too bad he didn't add the ability to build the xex.

Bob

http://www.arsoft.netstrefa.pl/pliki_programy/RastaConverterBeta7_GUI.7z

This Gui will allow making of an xex ------ and some other extras..

• Like 1