IGNORED

Nemezyro - a game for the ABBUC Software Contest 2014

matosimi

Hey all!

I finally finished my blogpost about working on this year's Abbuc SWC entry called Nemezyro, it's my longest blogpost so far, you can read it on my website:

Slovak version: http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/2014/09/dalsia-zabavka-s-abbuc-compom-nemezyro/lang/sk/

English version: http://matosimi.websupport.sk/atari/2014/09/dalsia-zabavka-s-abbuc-compom-nemezyro/lang/en/

Nemezyro is relaxing logical game which requires fast responses. There are randomly generated colored tiles scrolling from right to left and player's job is to eliminate those tiles as long as possible until they reach left border of playfield. Tiles are eliminated by pointing at them with cursor controlled using joystick and pressing fire. All adjacent tiles of same color are eliminated as well.

Stay tuned for gameplay video, I hope I will record and post it today. Game has really nice soundtrack made by Poison.

Screens

post-14124-0-28558000-1410077699_thumb.png post-14124-0-39470300-1410077694_thumb.png post-14124-0-79068800-1410077700_thumb.png

post-14124-0-64100400-1410077695_thumb.png post-14124-0-04327500-1410077697_thumb.png post-14124-0-41439300-1410077698_thumb.png

Regards,

Martin

• Like 16

Hello Martin

Looks great!

Could you please include the option to use a mouse to control the cursor?

Sincerely

Mathy

Hi Mathy,

i have experience with cmi8 interface (touchtablet/mouse), but i also tried st/amiga mouse support before (xirius defect xxl)... and i had to abandon it. it did not work well.

Hello Martin

Have you tested and read the stuff on my special stuff page about ST-mouse support?

MOUSE.ARC John Maris tells us how to use an ST or Amiga mouse on the 8 bit Atari without its driver taking up all of our CPU time.
MOUSEINT.ARC The driver in .M65 format plus a demo to show you how it works.
STM18BIT.TXT A textfile describing how to make the right mousebutton work on an 8 bit Atari while ST compatibility is kept. Very easy upgrade.

​It does work and it is fast and it does NOT use to much CPU time.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

Hello Martin

Have you tested and read the stuff on my special stuff page about ST-mouse support?

MOUSE.ARC John Maris tells us how to use an ST or Amiga mouse on the 8 bit Atari without its driver taking up all of our CPU time.

MOUSEINT.ARC The driver in .M65 format plus a demo to show you how it works.

STM18BIT.TXT A textfile describing how to make the right mousebutton work on an 8 bit Atari while ST compatibility is kept. Very easy upgrade.

​It does work and it is fast and it does NOT use to much CPU time.

Sincerely

Mathy

Mathy,

could you provide ZIPped contents instead of that ARC nonsense? I feel like back in 80's when i see it...:D

Or simply try IZ Arc which works with ZIP, ARC and many other compression methods...

http://www.izarc.org/

Exactly -- my main compression/decompression tool.

Mathy,

could you provide ZIPped contents instead of that ARC nonsense? I feel like back in 80's when i see it... :D

If you knew anything about the story behind "ZIP/PK-ZIP", you might have some disdain for ZIP and how it became the standard, and have more appreciation/respect for ARC.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Looks Great and stereo music is always a big plus for me, really all new games should support it. The upgrade board from Lotharek is cheap, easy to install and works great.

I agree that this game begs for a non-joystick control. I thought about mouse too, but why not support the Trak-Ball in true trackball mode ? That would really give it some "arcade" feeling :)

Sadly the 2nd floppy I received with the Abbuc stuff doesn't work on both my 1050s but I'll download the game so I can give it a try.

Thanks for your time and work !!!!

Edited by Level42

Hi M,

Thanks for supporting our Atari's with another game :thumbsup:

Some feedback (hopefully constructive)

The title screen is amazing, I like the music too and the graphics are really nice and clear. Reading Matosimi's blog the game the name was randomly generated - it's really suitable as you do get mesmerized when playing! I found rush was flawed as you can just keep clicking and moving up and down and can go on forever, slow is okish but you find yourself waiting to click and combo starts off ok but seems to get too fast to soon plus the scroll is a little bit jerky. Perhaps the game can be tweaked a little ;)

Did the game not work with the 4th coloured blocks - perhaps a slow level with more colours might be nice and make it more skilled to play?

What do others think?

hi trbb,

you haven't played RUSH long enough if you say that. All game types are getting harder in their own way as you progress in game. I would really like to see you play RUSH forever... but first try surviving 5 minutes.

Honestly I am not fan of additional tweaking, game is quite challenging and there is no open point - unfinished aspect.

I tried to add St mouse support, but it requires many calls of mouse routine per frame which is not possible... so currently I do not feel that it needs anything.

M.

Thanks for the reply

I didn't have the incentive to play Rush as there was little skill required I just moved up/down clicked and I kept at the right edge of the screen, I'll try it again though ;)

What about the 4 colours you mentioned on your blog; did you find the game was then too hard?

Thanks for the reply

I didn't have the incentive to play Rush as there was little skill required I just moved up/down clicked and I kept at the right edge of the screen, I'll try it again though ;)

What about the 4 colours you mentioned on your blog; did you find the game was then too hard?

No, 4th color was removed due to optimization. There were 4 color changes in single scan line and I thought that was reason why it glitched that much. Reason was somewhere else but 4th color did not return.

Now I'm not sure if it could be put back easily...