IGNORED

The 2014 Atari 2600 Collectors Hall of Fame vote

nofrills100

Hi all - Well it's been a year since the last Hall of Fame voting took place - so the 2014 Hall of Fame vote is now open.

As with previous years the protocol is:

Each person is allowed up to 10 votes.

At the end of the voting period the person with the most votes will be inducted.

If we have a tie, then the person who reached the most votes first will be inducted.

To this I'm going to add: no retrospective changing of votes beyond the day that you made them.

Everyone should have a look at all the great 2600 collections out there on the Show Us Your Collection page: http://atariage.com/forums/forum/112-show-us-your-collection/

Here are the list of former inductees.

Marco 2006

CPUWIZ 2007

Rick Weis 2008

Iwan-Iwanowitsh-goratshin 2009

Wonder007 2010

Marc Oberhauser 2011

Dino 2012

Atari181 2013

I'm going to set the closing date for votes on the last day of this month.

30th September - Midnight PDT - that's Pacific Daylight Time - ie. the timezone of Los Angeles.

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Midnight between Monday, 29 September 2014 and Tuesday, 30 September 2014 PDT UTC-7 hours
Houston (U.S.A. - Texas) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 2:00:00 AM CDT UTC-5 hours
New York (U.S.A. - New York) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 3:00:00 AM EDT UTC-4 hours
Toronto (Canada - Ontario) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 3:00:00 AM EDT UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 8:00:00 AM BST UTC+1 hour
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 9:00:00 AM CEST UTC+2 hours
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 5:00:00 PM AEST UTC+10 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 30 September 2014 at 07:00:00

Edited by nofrills100

Schitti: for his collection, and his PAL rarity database.

Rom: for his massive contribution to Atarimania.

Pangasinan: Unique and rare items collection

People have been too shy (or modest) over the last few years - more hard core collectors need to share pics of those massive collections out there.

Ianoid for the massive variety he collects

Toymailman for the insane speed he was able to get a near complete collection (without cashing out)

Mayhem for the dedication and variety of homebrews

Bfstats for the artistic originality of the wall and being one of, if not THE original atari 2600 collector

Albert, obvious reasons

Shadow460 because the world loves an underdog

Tempest, protos are interesting and important and the scene needs people to take the time to share info on them instead of just hoarding them

Nolan Bushnell because technically he is a member of atariage and even though people dont always talk highly of him I like him

Rom Hunter, why not? The guy is dedicated to atari 2600

Nofrills100, The original hoarder, and I needed a tenth

• Like 1

That is an excellent and VERY comprehensive list, but to set the record straight, I didn't buy my first Atari game until 1981 so I am certainly NOT "THE original Atari 2600 collector". Perhaps Leonard Herman deserves that monicker. However, between '81 and '90 I did go BUZZ-ERK acquiring everything I knew existed for the 2600. It wasn't until this web site and CGE 1999 that I found out how much I had missed - and have been trying to make up for it since.

Thank you for the kind words, though.

considering other factors where I can, but due to my focus here so far,

it's all about the gamers in my awareness!

Vocelli -- best HSC mod

toymailman -- most all-time records - 2600 HSC

SpiceWare -- +makes great games!

the 5th ghost

D.Yancey

ToddRogers

Northcoastgamer

keilbaca -- long time 2600 HSC clubber & all-time Tapper champ :-D

JacobZu7zu7

Rom Hunter -- +awesome batches of information!

(runner up: oyamafamily -- may soon surpass toymailman's # of all-time records)

• Like 1

PacManPlus - He saved the 7800. Has anyone else almost single handedly saved any console from becoming complete dust and who the hell cares or plays that status??

Albert - for having the greatest Atari website in the world.

edit.. whoops for 2600ers only..I was thinking bigger like for the atari community..sorry.

Edited by Jinks