IGNORED

Discovered(?) The New Aladdin Collection disk magazine

Savetz

@Kirkman - do you have the means to convert disks to .st files? I have the two ST issues pictured in http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229627-discovered-the-new-aladdin-collection-disk-magazine/?p=3070048

I bought a working mega STe several months ago, and the floppy drive works. I haven't tried making disk images with it yet (I imaged my own ST stuff with an iMac many years ago), but assume I can.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I was just digging out some disks and found in my collection some New Aladdin magazine disks so I came here to see what others knew about the magazine.

I wanted to thank Kevin for the Antic Podcast interview that I just listened to. 

I was surprised to hear "Amiga" mentioned many times.  I did a few quick web search and as far as I can tell, there is no online evidence that this ever actually came out for the Amiga despite John Henson saying that it did.  Has anyone ever see an Amiga version of New Aladdin? (and if so, is it archived somewhere?)

Also, I appreciate Kevin asking the obvious question - why was it named The New Aladdin? 

When I took about the disks recently I had an epiphany that it was an allusion to the user being a kind of New Aladdin and it turns out that was correct! But if I could talk to John Henson I think I'd tell him that as a teen in the 80's, I saw The New Aladdin subscription ads and assumed that it was trying to say that there had been a earlier computer magazine called Aladdin that folded and The New Aladdin was a re-launch attempt.  I distinctly remember being interested in subscribing but deciding that it was too dangerous because the fact that it was "The New Aladdin" proved that it had already gone out of business once before!