IGNORED

Wanted: Atari 600XL/800XL

zetastrike

I saw a 800XL in my local game shop, but it was over $100. I don't know how much they're worth, but that seems a bit much. So, I've become intrigued by the A8 line recently and wouldn't mind having one. My preference would be a 600XL or 800XL as they have a smaller footprint and look nice. It doesn't matter which one you have if you just want to play games, right? The 16k in the 600 isn't a limiting factor?

I would want one with a power supply and some way to hook it up to a TV. I honestly don't know how they connect, do they have AV cables or RF or a switchbox? Disc or tape drives aren't necessary ATM. Right now I'd just want to screw around with carts. I also do not need any joysticks.

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a pm. Thanks!

I saw a 800XL in my local game shop, but it was over $100. I don't know how much they're worth, but that seems a bit much. So, I've become intrigued by the A8 line recently and wouldn't mind having one. My preference would be a 600XL or 800XL as they have a smaller footprint and look nice. It doesn't matter which one you have if you just want to play games, right? The 16k in the 600 isn't a limiting factor?

I would want one with a power supply and some way to hook it up to a TV. I honestly don't know how they connect, do they have AV cables or RF or a switchbox? Disc or tape drives aren't necessary ATM. Right now I'd just want to screw around with carts. I also do not need any joysticks.

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a pm. Thanks!

800xl is the best of the 2 models being that it has 64k and composite video output. Most games will work with a 600xl and they are very simple to mod up to 64k.

• 5 months later...