IGNORED

Almost $800 for Battlesphere Gold on Ebay?

JaguarBrett

I know it's a rare game etc, but is anyone else blown away by the amount of money people will pay to own this game, the current listing has 15 hours left as of this post and it's almost $800!

I have paid 100+ for worms, Breakout 2000, Towers II, etc. I just am amazed at the amount of money people will pay for this. (Sealed pro controllers as well).

I have some Rare games that are sealed (All of the working designs saturn games, snatcher for sega cd, all the panser dragoon games all sealed and mint, etc) but I bought them all new for $49 and just shelved them.

I'm hoping the prices keep going up for all Jag games if thus is the case lol.

Ironically is the price difference of Lynx software, I have 95 games boxed, but could sell them all and still not be close to what BS gold fetches.

Suppose it's my loss, I had already purchased and sold 3 jags before I got the "bug" and boughT my 4th and last Jag/Cd. Should have been around when this game initially dropped, I would have bought a few lol.

As an avid Jag fan I'd love to get a chance to play this gem, but at these prices I'm not sure if I will ever get the chance :/

Maybe one day (fingers crossed)

I can understand a Jag VR helmet going for $800, but I'm still amazed at the bs gold prices.

• Like 1

BSG has always been overpriced on eBay. That price has pretty much been the norm for a few years now. I don't see it changing anytime soon. The Jag market continues to go up. As fans of the Jag we just have to face the reality that it is an expensive console to buy for. I'm glad I purchased most of my games when they were sitting in bargain bins and nobody considered the thing to be a collectible. Brand new boxed consoles were $30 and there was a guy selling loose consoles online for $7 a pop. That's the only reason I have a few units. I would not consider buying more than one at the going rate.

• Like 1

BSG has always been overpriced on eBay. That price has pretty much been the norm for a few years now. I don't see it changing anytime soon. The Jag market continues to go up. As fans of the Jag we just have to face the reality that it is an expensive console to buy for. I'm glad I purchased most of my games when they were sitting in bargain bins and nobody considered the thing to be a collectible. Brand new boxed consoles were $30 and there was a guy selling loose consoles online for $7 a pop. That's the only reason I have a few units. I would not consider buying more than one at the going rate.

I understand what you are saying competely, good point.

Still hoping to be able to play this one day!

The last BSG on ebay sold for $950. That original BS is the one I've got my eye on right now. Bidders are so interested in BSG, that the original BS might go for a decent price...same with the Scatboxes.

Agreed,I will be watching the Scatboxes also. Will be interesting to see the price differences between them both.

I could sell only 2 rare games I have to buy battlesphere but I would regret it after!

My collection of retro games/systems I will keep for at least 20 more years before I think of selling any game or system, offers have been tempting I just can't do it! (I'm only 34 years old now)

Will this Battlesphere auction pass $1000? We shall see soon enough :)

Hopefully the Scatboxes stay at a decent rate, but won't hold my breath lol

Can't say I'm interested in the Scatboxes. Don't really see the point as there are cheaper alternatives. Plus they are pretty unsightly.. Catboxes seem to be prettier and more affordable and do the same thing.

I bet this auctions will go over 1k. I've written off games in this range until they re-print it or I'm 1% rich. Doesn't make any sense to spend that kind of money on a game, no matter how good it is, it's NOT worth that kind of money..

• Like 2

Can't say I'm interested in the Scatboxes. Don't really see the point as there are cheaper alternatives. Plus they are pretty unsightly.. Catboxes seem to be prettier and more affordable and do the same thing.

I bet this auctions will go over 1k. I've written off games in this range until they re-print it or I'm 1% rich. Doesn't make any sense to spend that kind of money on a game, no matter how good it is, it's NOT worth that kind of money..

I'm with you 100%, I could never spend that much on this game. The scat box I would pay $150 for, but only for the fact of completing certain parts of my collection. However both of these will sell for more than that so I'm out :)

I was fine paying around $100 for all the songbird and telegames releases, but $150 is my limit on Jag stuff!

Still amazes me the people willing to spend 1k on a game, I'd rather have a coin op for that price lol

I have paid 100+ for worms, Breakout 2000, Towers II, etc. I just am amazed at the amount of money people will pay for this. (Sealed pro controllers as well).

I think I might rather pay $800-$1000 for a copy of battlesphere than have a handful games like towers 2 that I wouldn't play and accessories I don't really see a big advantage of like the pro controller and catbox at costs of over $100 :P but I understand some people do like these games. tbh I think prices of retro-games are generally getting a little crazy these days.

I can understand a Jag VR helmet going for $800, but I'm still amazed at the bs gold prices.

if you find a functioning jaguar vr helmet for $800 i'd recommend you buy it without hesitation, in the past they've sold for nearly $10k ;)

I think I might rather pay $800-$1000 for a copy of battlesphere than have a handful games like towers 2 that I wouldn't play and accessories I don't really see a big advantage of like the pro controller and catbox at costs of over $100 :P but I understand some people do like these games. tbh I think prices of retro-games are generally getting a little crazy these days.

if you find a functioning jaguar vr helmet for $800 i'd recommend you buy it without hesitation, in the past they've sold for nearly $10k ;)

I enjoy all of my Songbird and Telegames releases! And the Pro Controller makes a lot of my games play better. I do realize everyone is different however :)

I totally are with you on the fact of how expensive retro games are currently. Great for the ones I own, but hard on the wallet for those I'm missing to complete certain collections!!

I agree on the headset, with so few made its very easy to see that going for thousands.

Maybe $800 for a kiosk then ;)

***The listing has ended, final sale price was $750

Edited by JaguarBrett
  • Like 1

The high Battlesphere prices yeah they suck. People drive these prices up by crazy bidding. How many of these have you won off Ebay again??

So who got it? :)

Sure as hell wasn't me. Tried to snipe it at 3 seconds w/ a 900.00 bid but after watching the 'spinning hourglass cursor icon' for 15 seconds I was reverted back to the initial 'place bid' screen. Gotta love Windows.

Congrats to whoever got it at that weak-ass price :thumbsup:

I totally are with you on the fact of how expensive retro games are currently. Great for the ones I own, but hard on the wallet for those I'm missing to complete certain collections!!

heh, im starting to fill in some blanks in my collection and even complete copies of the slightly rare games (or highly desirable games) on consoles like the genesis and snes seem to be breaking $30-$50 when you used to be able to get them for like $10 or less... really starting to regret not just buying whatever I wanted back then!

The high Battlesphere prices yeah they suck. People drive these prices up by crazy bidding. How many of these have you won off Ebay again??

I only bought 2 battlesphere on ebay, a copy of Battlesphere Gold and that copy of Battlesphere Trio. I sold my Gold shortly after I got Trio. had I know how rapid battlesphere would rise in price I guess it would've been foolish not to hold onto it though.

I don't really see the big deal of networking 2 or 3 of these (I've done it), it's about as exciting as 2 or 3 people playing non-networked. to really get an experience I think you need at least 4-8 people minimum. If I had the money and the interest and the offers to purchase them, I might get a network of 8 battlespheres and aircars as well as a multivewer to play them all one display, but one is good enough for me.

Cheaper alternative to the Scatbox?

Sure as hell wasn't me. Tried to snipe it at 3 seconds w/ a 900.00 bid but after watching the 'spinning hourglass cursor icon' for 15 seconds I was reverted back to the initial 'place bid' screen. Gotta love Windows.

Congrats to whoever got it at that weak-ass price :thumbsup:

Thought you already owned a copy of this?

Agreed though. Although $750 is a good price for this title, it's still insane for a f*cking Atari Jaguar game. LOL!

Thought you already owned a copy of this?

Agreed though. Although $750 is a good price for this title, it's still insane for a f*cking Atari Jaguar game. LOL!

Yes, but one is sealed in the original shipping carton from Scatologic so not about to open that baby. The other Gold and two originals only allows for a 3 game network so adding (several) more is always a bonus. I'm glad somebody got it at a 'better' price but I was hoping more $ would be going to Jaguar God. Thought for sure it would hit 1,000.

• Like 1

heh, im starting to fill in some blanks in my collection and even complete copies of the slightly rare games (or highly desirable games) on consoles like the genesis and snes seem to be breaking $30-$50 when you used to be able to get them for like $10 or less... really starting to regret not just buying whatever I wanted back then!

I only bought 2 battlesphere on ebay, a copy of Battlesphere Gold and that copy of Battlesphere Trio. I sold my Gold shortly after I got Trio. had I know how rapid battlesphere would rise in price I guess it would've been foolish not to hold onto it though.

I don't really see the big deal of networking 2 or 3 of these (I've done it), it's about as exciting as 2 or 3 people playing non-networked. to really get an experience I think you need at least 4-8 people minimum. If I had the money and the interest and the offers to purchase them, I might get a network of 8 battlespheres and aircars as well as a multivewer to play them all one display, but one is good enough for me.

Pic? I've actually never seen Battlesphere Trio.

Yes, but one is sealed in the original shipping carton from Scatologic so not about to open that baby. The other Gold and two originals only allows for a 3 game network so adding (several) more is always a bonus. I'm glad somebody got it at a 'better' price but I was hoping more $ would be going to Jaguar God. Thought for sure it would hit 1,000.

Leaving BSG inside the original shipping box is hardcore, Saturn. I was all about keeping sealed games, but was never that hardcore :)

I recently opened 8 sealed Jaguar games and have no regrets about it, actually I feel better now that they are open. I tell myself that I can't take these games with me, so I might as well enjoy them while I can.

Thanks man, I think it's more OCD and ensuring the container doesn't even become blemished than wanting it in a network. So much so, I'd rather pay high dollar for another than to even take that bad boy out of the lockdown I keep it in, let alone open it :0. If you could see the setup where I keep all my Jaguar stuff, you'd probably freak at the sheer amount security involved. Would be like trying to break into Fort Knox.

It's rather sad :(

lol

Pic? I've actually never seen Battlesphere Trio.

post-3404-0-51174300-1410729423_thumb.jpg

sorry for the crappy pic but my camera battery had like 20 seconds on it so I only got one chance :P

The cartridge contains the contents of battlesphere, battlesphere gold, and a special selection menu preceded by a high res FMV intro sequence. There are 3 LEDs on the cart itself that cycle as each different selection is highlighted (battlesphere/battlesphere gold/jugs).

Personally I prefer the look of the game selection menu over the actual battlesphere game menus, too bad they never got another version out that polished up the menus a little because I think this showed they were actually pretty decent CGI artists too and I imagine they were working with better modeling software and more powerful computer hardware than they had available to them during the original development period.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 3