IGNORED

Introducing: Edladdin Controllers for the 7800

edladdin

I don't doubt the adapter works great and I plan to get one, but I feel it's worth mentioning that Jr. Pac-Man is a single button game and has no problem with the Genesis pad by itself or the standard Atari 2600 joysticks.

edit: tapatalk messed up the formatting, though I tried to fix the post back up.

Yes! Genesis gamepads are totally ready to deliver one button gameplay right out of the box on any 2600 or 7800 game. Likewise, the CX-40 and all compatible 2600 controllers.

The Seagull 78 and the controllers deliver the second button for these games:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/170965-which-games-utilized-the-2nd-button-on-7800-controller/

Some of the games are controlled differently by the 7800 depending if you are using one or two button controller. Xevious will fire and bomb simultaneously with a one button controller, but separate the modes when two buttons are present. In 7800 Asteroids, the one button game is like the 2600 version, where a "down" signal on the stick or gamepad gives you hyperspace. With a two button controller, not only does hyperspace move to B2, but "down" gives you deceleration on the stick/pad. No more unintended hyperspace on a rotation movement, and the deceleration feature gives you a ship that is much more nimble than the thrust-only coin-op versions of Asteroids.

Hi Everyone!

Quick note to let everyone know that we are ready to take orders for both versions of the Supreme 78!

All-Play 4/8 - This controller utilizes the Omni2 stick with the no-tools switchable restrictor plate, which gives you classic arcade feel on true 4 position games and horizontal shooters, as well as the more typical 8 position games with diagonal movement/fire. Unless I am playing Robotron, this is my personal favorite of all the Edladdin controllers. Fully customizable!

All-Leaf - As the name suggests, its classic electromechanical leaf switches on all four fire buttons and all four directions on the Leaf-Pro joystick. This controller is slightly less customizable, as the red solid joystick ball is molded onto the shaft and cannot be replaced.

Both versions of the Supreme 78 come in a handsome oak case with a punched steel hinged control panel for instant access and/or adjustments. We have listed these controllers at $179 retail, but like the other Edladdin products there is a coupon code for the AtariAge community. Save $30 with the code "AtariAge-Supreme" at check out.

Please feel free to get in touch with an questions. And thanks for your support!

Ed

-----------

Note: The coupon codes that facilitated the "AtariAge Prices" mentioned above will be discontinued on January 4, 2016. We hope everyone that was interested was able to utilize these deep introductory discounts.

Edited by edladdin

• 2 weeks later...

Having a blast with my supertwin. most responsive controller in my arsenal, better than my arcade stick I use through the seagull adapter. Feels pretty durable. Used it on plenty of 2 button games (Fatal Run, Basketbrawl, Tomcat, Choplifter, etc), and the vertical button configuration hasn't been an issue. The stick and buttons feel nice, very arcade-y. Did try the dual stick Robotron 2084, and its pretty darn fun. Does seem a little tight for two players, but definitely playable (tried it). All in all, very happy with the purchase, and would recommend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Got my Super 78 today. Packaged really well. One of the rubber feet feel off, not enough stick-um, but I had a replacement rubber foot--no problem. The build quality is really good. I like the metal casing and the colors. The blue is like the Track and Field controller. As for the action: The button(s) placement is perfect. I like the sloped angle to the controller, nice to rest your palm on. As for the stick itself, there is a lot of throw, movement. There are audible clicks, that is nice. It take some getting used to when playing Pac Man type games, you really have to command it to go in the direction you want. This is not a knock, just reality. I am used to joysticks with lesser throw distance. But, it does feel nice and very arcade-like. I started to adjust to it after a few games with Pac Man and Ms Pac Man. Millipede was excellent. Have not tried it with a game that requires two buttons yet. Overall, a great effort. Thanks for doing this for the community. We are so lucky to have people still interested and developing new products for our Ataris.

UPSDATE, almost a year has past with this controller. I must say, I still love this controller and don't regret the $$ I spent for it. I finally attached the upgraded rubber feet Edladdin sent to me (they screw in on all four corners now instead of rubbery stick-em feet). While in the box, I set the stick to 4-way instead of 8-way. Now, I have zero complaints when I play my beloved maze type games (the Pac-Family games). Again, thanks for doing this for our community.

• Like 2

UPSDATE, almost a year has past with this controller. I must say, I still love this controller and don't regret the $$ I spent for it. I finally attached the upgraded rubber feet Edladdin sent to me (they screw in on all four corners now instead of rubbery stick-em feet). While in the box, I set the stick to 4-way instead of 8-way. Now, I have zero complaints when I play my beloved maze type games (the Pac-Family games). Again, thanks for doing this for our community.

Thanks for posting this follow-up! I really appreciate it your kinds words. Let me know if you need anything else!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to buy SuperTwin 78. Are color choices available for the sticks / buttons? I'd like get one color schemed for my girlfriend and I to use.

Yes! "Your wish is my command."

The attached photo shows the colors of the buttons and knobs we offer. Note the red knob is available as a solid color or in the clear "hard candy" type, as shown attached to the joystick.

When you select the controller at the online shop (www.edladdin.com) you will have drop down menus to choose the colors for each knob and button.

Thank you for your support!

EDIT: PS - I have one sample of a "hard candy" knob in pink! You are welcome to it if you want it.

post-40253-0-19342600-1444316862_thumb.jpg

Edited by edladdin
  • Like 2

Yes! "Your wish is my command."

The attached photo shows the colors of the buttons and knobs we offer. Note the red knob is available as a solid color or in the clear "hard candy" type, as shown attached to the joystick.

When you select the controller at the online shop (www.edladdin.com) you will have drop down menus to choose the colors for each knob and button.

Thank you for your support!

EDIT: PS - I have one sample of a "hard candy" knob in pink! You are welcome to it if you want it.

Oh man Yes. I'd like a SuperTwin 78 with "hard candy" blue knob with blue and white buttons and "hard candy" pink knob and (if you have pink button that'd be awesome) other wise purple button and white button.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got my SuperTwin 78 from Edladdin today. Holy crap is it the best joystick I've ever owned for my 7800! The build quality is top notch and it is beautiful to look at. Most important, it works flawlessly. It was worth every single cent. I'll definitely be purchasing from them again if I ever need any other controllers.Thanks so much again!

• Like 1

I just got my SuperTwin 78 from Edladdin today. Holy crap is it the best joystick I've ever owned for my 7800! The build quality is top notch and it is beautiful to look at. Most important, it works flawlessly. It was worth every single cent. I'll definitely be purchasing from them again if I ever need any other controllers.Thanks so much again!

Wow, thanks for that feedback!

You are very welcome. We really appreciate your support!