IGNORED

Fatal Run

Stevaside

Finally got this...Pretty impressed! :)

I know it seems to get a bad rep from the controls, which didn't wind up seeming as bad to me as I read (The most annoying part is when you go off the road)....but the whole weapon/vehicle upgrade system & password option to save games is kinda advanced for an Atari game I'd say

The exploding citizens scene out of your window is just as hilarious as it sounded in a recent review I read...I never imagined I'd play an Atari game where I'd see a blind guy & a cheerleader blow up to their death :-D

Only played 2 courses yet, but so far seems like an interesting game that I could see myself sitting through a couple at a time & then coming back with my password to get further in the game

Sure I sound like a broken record, but really gets me down seeing these type of games & imagining what else we could have got if our beloved 7800 got the treatment it deserved & stayed in the game longer :(

• Like 2

saw your pic you put up on Instagram of Fatal Run. Sounds like a solid title! Is it worth the price though? seems to run a bit on the higher end on Ebay

Cool......I believe I got it at a pretty good price, I happened to do a quick Ebay search before bedtime the other night & spotted it newly listed for around $30 I think it was...If I remember correctly it usually goes for much more so depends...But for what I paid for it compared to some of the other less common titles going for $20-$30 + I'd say definitely! It seems to be a long & possibly difficult game to beat (I think around 30 levels total it said & a few courses in each!), so not something most people would have the patience to sit there all day on, and I could see it maybe getting repetitive after a while, but that's where the password ability comes in nicely

IDK Playing it really made my day, it was a trip & just had a very different feel to it then the rest of the games in the 7800's library IMO...I only have a handful of games left to complete my 7800 collection now :) & this was one I actually didn't plan on getting anytime soon until I saw it for that price...Think I got a decent deal, sure someone here can confirm that either way...

Edited by Stevaside

Yeah, this is a game I kind of enjoy, too. A number of the later titles that the Atari group in...Illinois, wasn't it?...made are really pretty decent. Kinda shows that, in the hands of enterprising coders, the 7800 had a lot more flexibility than people think from the early arcade titles.

Is it worth the price though? seems to run a bit on the higher end on Ebay

Yup. It's worth the price, with a special caveat. The key thing is finding it when the price is right. I held out for a while and picked up a boxed copy for $25, I think, a few months ago. Seems like Stevaside got a similar deal. It looks to be one of those games that, if you hold off a little, you can find at a decent price.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you watched the game review by that Australian gamer. It's funny. His Jaguar reviews are also cool.

Yep, he is funny. Ive seen a couple of his other vids, but not that one until now. Thanks, there's a lot more details about the game in this one then whatever it was I watched. I didn't know you could go walking around on foot too haha

• Like 1

Beyond Games was supposed to port their BattleWheels over to the Jaguar but I think they became too bogged down with Ultra Vortek that that never happened.

& If I'm not mistaken I think Ultra Vortek was planned for the Lynx but never made it?? Man, I can't believe there was actually going to be a Mortal Kombat II for the Lynx, such a shame it never happened