IGNORED

If Atari made a new console, what would it be called?

magikarpow

Just joined this site, and I am a Atari lover so yeahhhh. (Also might be getting an intellivision)

Just wanted to know, what you guys would think a new Atari console would be called- (if it ever happened which I highly doubt)

I was thinking the "Atari Revolution"

Side Note: What if Sega made a new console?

My guess: Sega Vortex

Hope to see some answers!

PS: I know this is kinda random but I just want to try interacting a bit on the forums...

Welcome to the forums!

Atari properties have splintered and been bought and sold numerous times over the years. It is incredibly difficult to imagine the basically bankrupt entity that is now Atari doing anything productive at all (let alone revolutionary). Dig around the forums a bit and you'll find where they allegedly turned down an opportunity to release a cart based and portable version of the Flashback. Atariagers would have liked that, but I guess you could argue its wisdom as a business move.

I think Atari would probably need to name their console for whatever sponsor funded it - essentially it would be up for auction. Perhaps it would be called "Name This Console" or the Atari "Auctioneer."

I guess if I'm just thinking up impossible sh!+, I could envision some sort of tabletop arcade console that could establish some online gaming for many of the classics. Perhaps it could be called the Ataricade.

• Like 4

Atari Sabre

Atari Sabre2th

It suggests Sabre-tooth, keeping with the cat theme.

You thought it was extinct, but it's not. The fun is back!

The Pride (Lions)

KingCat

Bengal

Atari Pounce

BigCat

WildCat

FerralCat

AlleyCat

Predator

The Atari Ten (has more than 9 lives)

RazrClaw

Nekko

Use Sony's console naming system. The 2600=1, 5200=2, 7800=3, Jaguar=4... Atari 5. Oops, they already screwed that up with the Flashback numbers, it would just be too confusing.

Using Microsoft's new naming system: Atari One. Makes no sense but doesn't need to.

Go for the future. Atari 3000. Shucks, that's incongruous with the old numbering scheme... but maybe no one will care because it was along time ago. On the plus side, geeks everywhere will associate 3000 with Futurama and MST3K. Atari will sell thousands!

Of course, they should really just name it for what it is: the Atari Cashgrab. That would also create tons of name recognition as people enjoyed mocking the name: Atari GashCrab, Atari AssGrab, Atari GrabAss, think of how much people will be talking about Atari again!

;)

• Like 1