IGNORED

If Atari made a new console, what would it be called?

magikarpow

Seeing that "Atari" is just a trademark now that's been passed around like "the village bicycle," there really isn't any "Atari" to speak of, that's capable of producing a console. There's merely a licensing agency that permits others (Atgames, or a firm that sells shot glasses or T-shirts) to use the "Atari" name, for a licensing fee. When they do contract out the Atari name to an actual game producer, the game usually sucks, and has, for many years. They're screwing up and diluting their IP with shit releases to make a quick buck, while slowly going down the tubes. The very idea that "they" would make a new console is entirely preposterous. Let's hope they go belly-up and sell the IP to somebody who understands the videogame market, the more limited retro-videogame market, and can do something with it, rather than continue to wreck the franchises for a quick buck. Once that's corrected, the proposition of naming an imaginary Atari console (that's never going to be produced) will at least seem a little less ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Forgive me, I don't know about rules here.

However, in my local discussion forum, dredging up old threads is a +1

Don't feel too bad, if you didn't bump this thread then you'd probably just get flak for creating a new thread on a subject that someone already created a thread about 10 years ago and have someone scolding you for not using the search function. It's a tough crowd around here sometimes. :lol:

• Like 2

Don't feel too bad, if you didn't bump this thread then you'd probably just get flak for creating a new thread on a subject that someone already created a thread about 10 years ago and have someone scolding you for not using the search function. It's a tough crowd around here sometimes. icon_lol.gif

Exactly. The unwritten rules around here about necrobumping are ridiculous. If the admins don't want old threads bumped then lock them. If they're left open then they're fair game IMHO.

• Like 1

Don't feel too bad, if you didn't bump this thread then you'd probably just get flak for creating a new thread on a subject that someone already created a thread about 10 years ago and have someone scolding you for not using the search function. It's a tough crowd around here sometimes. :lol:

This is fallacious reasoning promoted by people failing to notice that in both cases the root cause of complaint is actually the same: Terrible Thread.

What IS it with idiot newbies always dredging up terrible years-dead threads?

Forgive me, I don't know about rules here.

However, in my local discussion forum, dredging up old threads is a +1

I wouldn't worry too much. Ataribox is definitely relevant to the discussion, and it's kinda fun to see old threads I subbed to long ago get bumped.