IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

There is one small detail about this cartridge that I was not expecting to make much of a difference, but now that I've had a chance to play with it... the white on blue default in this Extended BASIC is much easier on the old eyes. The more you play with this cartridge, the better it gets. :)

It's official, I've permanently retired my TI Extended Basic.

All 8 carts sold this weekend were shipped today. To those that purchased casts, the seam between the 2 parts of the shell on the label side has a few drops of superglue on it to hold the 2 pieces together. Disassembling the cart may damage the shell along this seam. You may be able to take the screw out, release the two latches, and separate the shell enough on the latch side to slide the board out if you are so inclined. But if you damage the shell in doing so, it's on you, I won't supply more shells as I have a limited amount.

I'll be making another batch of carts in a few weeks, hopefully 10 this time around. Stay tuned here for a message as to the next sale.

Thanks,

Gazoo

• Like 2

Short review of this cart:

In a nutshell, you need this..

The utilities menu alone is worth the $.. The changes to Xbasic aside including 45 new commands and cool white on blue background text are just added bonus :) .. plus what happens when you hit space at the menu

read the manual pdf!

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1

All 8 carts sold this weekend were shipped today. To those that purchased casts, the seam between the 2 parts of the shell on the label side has a few drops of superglue on it to hold the 2 pieces together. Disassembling the cart may damage the shell along this seam. You may be able to take the screw out, release the two latches, and separate the shell enough on the latch side to slide the board out if you are so inclined. But if you damage the shell in doing so, it's on you, I won't supply more shells as I have a limited amount.

I'll be making another batch of carts in a few weeks, hopefully 10 this time around. Stay tuned here for a message as to the next sale.

Thanks,

Gazoo

Thanks!

As I said, I'll certainly buy one.

If possible, put already one of the new batch aside for me.

Thanks again.

I have just about all the extra parts I need to build one of these.. had to order some spare stuff from China, and that takes weeks to come in. (I don't mind, because stuff like the jumpers are $0.99 for 100 shipped. Same with sockets, breakaway pins, you name it.)

I am truly impressed with this cartridge board in general... I think the original 16K (then 64K, 128K, 512K, then Ubergrom one) were just what the community needed. We all work off of each other and improve everything the community does. It's truly amazing to watch this at work for our 33 year old /4A.

People like Tursi, Rich, Gazoo, Ksarul, etc, are all reasons why we have what we have. Thanks, guys!

• Like 7

I have just about all the extra parts I need to build one of these.. had to order some spare stuff from China, and that takes weeks to come in. (I don't mind, because stuff like the jumpers are $0.99 for 100 shipped. Same with sockets, breakaway pins, you name it.)

I know, the parts from China are insanely cheap. The longest I've ever had to wait is like 25 days, but when you can get 10 of what Rip Shock charges for one... wellllll, that's just a no brainer. Also, when you factor in the FREE shipping, sometimes you can get the parts cheaper than what the gas alone for a trip into town would cost. It's kind of hard to argue with that.

Ebay is my friend when it comes to electronic components. :)

How about a bare board and a label. The buyer could provide the cartridge shell. Would the cost be any different?

Not really, I'm breaking even at $40. That's with Ksarul assembling the boards and me purchasing and programming the chips, boxes, shipping, etc.

I suppose you might save a few bucks by soldering the individual parts on the board yourself.

But then, you'd have to pry loose the programming files for the chips from me. ;)

Gazoo

From cold dead fingers, no doubt. From even a lesser Gazoo I suspect that will be tricky.

And that's just because I want it to work correctly. I found a chipset and a procedure that works. I'd rather there not be half-assed versions floating around out there.

Gazoo

• Like 2

Gazoo, I subscribe to the Yahoo list and didn't see any message about your cart there! Yes, I looked at the Spam folder.

There's a whole bunch of messages regarding it. This is the one I posted at the same time I announced the first sale here.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TI994A/conversations/messages/8984

What's your username there? I can check your notification options if you'd like.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

An aside, I wanted to mention that the label is very nice. It is not rounded like original cartridge labels, which does not take away from anything; the print and quality is fantastic.

Also, my innate curiosity is compelling me to open it and put a spring-loaded door on it. I am fully aware of the super-glue notice :)

Edited by OLD CS1

An aside, I wanted to mention that the label is very nice. It is not rounded like original cartridge labels, which does not take away from anything; the print and quality is fantastic.

Also, my innate curiosity is compelling me to open it and put a spring-loaded door on it. I am fully aware of the super-glue notice :)

I took the doors off purposely. They make the cart harder to line up and insert. But - Hey, it's your cart now!

Gazoo